South Dakota 2021

Anyone out there wanting to meet up for a 5-7 day archery deer hunt in South Dakota for 2021? Would likely need to be a resident since I would prefer to go the first week to try and get a velvet mule deer. Obviously it’s a long time from now but just wanting to see if there is any interest.

Bpav0

FNG
What part of SoDak you in and what part you thinking of hunting? I’m in Gregory county.

OP
SoDak BigGame
I’ve got a few ideas in mind that I’ve gone to in the past... message me if you’re interested

Anyone out there wanting to meet up for a 5-7 day archery deer hunt in South Dakota for 2021? Would likely need to be a resident since I would prefer to go the first week to try and get a velvet mule deer. Obviously it’s a long time from now but just wanting to see if there is any interest.
I’m in Sioux Falls, I think it would be cool to meet and do a archery hunt. I also film my hunts.

robbw69

FNG
Myself and 2 buddies are going bow hunting. Shoot me a message

JimmyH

FNG
Hey guys, new to the forum and SD hunting (Non-Resident). I’m hoping to make my trip early October and would love to meet up with someone to get some advice on areas. I’m looking forward to soaking up as much info and advice in the meantime! Thanks all!

Hi guys, another new member here. I am a recent transplant to Rapid City. Grew up in Bismarck, ND with some gun hunting background. I got into bowhunting a few years back before moving to an urban area for work x3 years. I moved to SD this summer. Now that I'm back here, the archery bug has really bitten me hard.

I realize at this point it's probably too late to plan any group hunts, but just wanted to let you know that I'm also looking for hunting buddies, people to scout with, or even to be available to help pack out animals if need be. I have a background in endurance athletics. Just looking to learn everything I can at this point about Western hunting and to spend more days in the field, which are still a bit limited due to work and family obligations.

This year I got antelope and deer resident archery tags. I got exceedingly lucky to take a nice antelope back in September, in the NW part of the state. He was on WIA and bedded down behind a broken up straw bale, which made it a lot easier for me to get in close. That was the first day of my planned four day hunt, so I didn't expend as many brownie points as I would have. Really it was an amazing day with a few other stalks thrown in, and it warrants its own story sometime if anyone is interested.

Now my plan is to go back to the NW part of the state next weekend to look for mule deer. I'm just extremely obsessed with those animals right now. Really just planning on using this as an exploratory hunt, because I haven't had any time to scout. If any west river locals or other interested parties have a flexible schedule, I'll be out there Nov 6-9 and would welcome some company. I'm no expert, but I'm ready for long days and to bring a good attitude. Not opposed to other areas, but I need to start somewhere. A new employee at my work also gave me an idea about some land in the SW/South central part of the state, which I'll have to check out soon.

Cheers all, and I hope we get a chance to meet up at some point! Hope you all turn some arrows red!