South Dakota 35L Rifle Tag **Help Please**

Hi guys, never posted before but I unexpectedly drew a NR SD 35L any deer rifle tag with only 3 pts this year. I have never been in this unit and honestly just figured i'd have to wait 10 years before I could draw it like the stats show. Well I drew it and now I am looking for some help. Has anyone hunted 35L in South Dakota? I am wondering about some logistics of the area, and what your hunting experience was like. Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!

I've never hunted it. I do drive by the different parts of it a few times a year. There aren't really any decent sized towns close. Buffalo SD, then Bowman ND would probably be your best bets town wise. It's a little weird the way it's broken up. So possibly there is something closer depending on which part you are hunting.

@swampdog

I've hunted 35 quite a bit and I've drive through 35L unit. He's right about the towns, Buffalo, SD has gas stations, grocery stores, a campground and maybe a motel. Bowman is about 35 miles north and has more amenities. The unit is broken up weird but if you spend some time in there you'll find the deer.

You may be surprised at the amount of whitetails you find instead of mule deer... then again EHD really cleaned them out last year. That area usually has a lot of hunting pressure but I'm sure you can still find deer and have an enjoyable hunt...Good luck!

OP
F
You may be surprised at the amount of whitetails you find instead of mule deer... then again EHD really cleaned them out last year. That area usually has a lot of hunting pressure but I'm sure you can still find deer and have an enjoyable hunt...Good luck!
Thanks!

WCB

WKR
Your pretty confined on ground to hunt considering rifle there will be pressure...I have hunted that whole NW SD area A LOT and in the 35L zones A LOT. Buffalo does have a decent Hotel and gas station. The bar in town has good food. You can camp on the Natl Forest also. Staying in Buffalo would be your best bet for hitting the different areas of 35L as it is more centrally located.