South Dakota checking in

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a longtime reader of this forum (nearly since the beginning) and am just now signing up. I've learned a ton over the years and am excited to contribute. I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota and love to explore Wyoming and Colorado as well. Anyway, thanks to all the longtime members for all their contributions that have taught me so much. I'm excited to be here.

dakotaduner

Lil-Rokslider
welcome, yep I was a South Dakota lurker for quite sometime myself. great knowledge to be had here from all over the world.

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome from Sturgis, SD, this is and has been a great place for info and help. Great bunch of guys here. Hhradrock

Lytro

WKR
I'm PCSing from CO to SD soon, but won't be eligible as a SD resident in time for the draw. It's my understanding that for a SD archery deer tag you have to submit an application, but the tag is guaranteed. Is this accurate, and is that true for all areas? Meaning I would be able to get multiple archery deer tags this August once I meet the residency requirements?

I appreciate any info you can give me. I've searched everything online and through the regs, but I didn't know if there was something I was missing.

zbb

FNG
I'm PCSing from CO to SD soon, but won't be eligible as a SD resident in time for the draw. It's my understanding that for a SD archery deer tag you have to submit an application, but the tag is guaranteed. Is this accurate, and is that true for all areas? Meaning I would be able to get multiple archery deer tags this August once I meet the residency requirements?

I appreciate any info you can give me. I've searched everything online and through the regs, but I didn't know if there was something I was missing.
First post here. Look at one of the applications, under the residency requirements. As long as you’re active duty you’ll be considered a resident at whatever date is on your PCS orders. To answer the question yes, you fill out the application online and they mail you your tag. If you click on whatever species in the link, go to the related documents part and it’ll have the application to look at.
Zach

Lytro

WKR
First post here. Look at one of the applications, under the residency requirements. As long as you’re active duty you’ll be considered a resident at whatever date is on your PCS orders. To answer the question yes, you fill out the application online and they mail you your tag. If you click on whatever species in the link, go to the related documents part and it’ll have the application to look at.
Zach
Thanks for the information. I'll look more into the residency qualifications. I already have orders if that's the case.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider

I believe that’s correct. As a resident I can have one East river tag and one west river tag or ONE state wide...sounds like non resident archery starts 30 days after residents.

Greetings from the Southern Hills. I believe this should help, direct from the SD Regs (they are not the easiest regs to understand :))

EXCEPTIONS: The following persons are eligible for resident licenses:
• Any person who previously had a domicile in SD who is absent due to business of the United States or SD, or is serving in the armed forces of the US, or the spouse of an active duty military person;
• Any person who previously had a domicile in SD who is absent due to the person’s regular attendance at a post-high school institution as a fulltime student or in a medical or dental residency program;
Any person in the active military of the US or that person’s spouse who is continuously stationed in SD