South Dakota Covid Deer

Fatcamp

WKR
Well, we did this last year and it was kind of fun so I thought I would try again. A year later finds me as a new nurse on a covid unit with school and NCLEX a distant memory, my wife settled in at her new position, and a 70# dog we take everywhere.

We drew no rifle tags this year in Wyoming or South Dakota but were lucky enough to get tags that were returned due to a program SDGFP instituted to allow people to return their tags if they didn't feel it was safe to hunt. These tags are for the same unit we have hunted the last 3 years so to say we are excited would be an understatement. We also have an excellent weather forecast where last year we hunted in some pretty brutal conditions.

We are also bringing some kids this year. Our 11 and 13 year old sons are coming with. This will be their first deer hunting trip and they seem pretty excited. Along with the boys we have a 1 year old German/Australian Shepherd my wife has been training. Gonna be quite the group. LOL.

Gonna be a slow start, but I figured I could get it started tonight while I had time. A few pictures from last year.

KIMG2451.JPGKIMG2438~2.JPGKIMG2422.JPG

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we did this last year and it was kind of fun so I thought I would try again. A year later finds me as a new nurse on a covid unit with school and NCLEX a distant memory, my wife settled in at her new position, and a 70# dog we take everywhere.

We drew no rifle tags this year in Wyoming or South Dakota but were lucky enough to get tags that were returned due to a program SDGFP instituted to allow people to return their tags if they didn't feel it was safe to hunt. These tags are for the same unit we have hunted the last 3 years so to say we are excited would be an understatement. We also have an excellent weather forecast where last year we hunted in some pretty brutal conditions.

We are also bringing some kids this year. Our 11 and 13 year old sons are coming with. This will be their first deer hunting trip and they seem pretty excited. Along with the boys we have a 1 year old German/Australian Shepherd my wife has been training. Gonna be quite the group. LOL.

Gonna be a slow start, but I figured I could get it started tonight while I had time. A few pictures from last year.

View attachment 233876View attachment 233877View attachment 233878

OK man, I’m here for round two. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hobbes

WKR
I'm missing similar country after finishing up my hunt last weekend. Looking forward to following along.

krohboy

WKR
The Covid tag returns really helped me as well. I managed to pick up 3 Mule deer tags off the returns as well. One filled so far.

Looking forward to following along.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
The Covid tag returns really helped me as well. I managed to pick up 3 Mule deer tags off the returns as well. One filled so far.

Looking forward to following along.
Very nice. You are the first person I've heard that got some other than us. I got an antelope tag as well. Been good to us! :)

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
No deer. He made it onto private before she could shoot him.

We spent the last two hours checking access and looking around. Not sure what we will do in the morning but we have options.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Waiting for light above where the huntress stalked her deer yesterday. Should be an amazing morning.

Wanted to come up here for awhile. Hope it pays off.