South Dakota...HELP

I had started last year expanding my hunting outside the state of Washington, and my father in law lives in South Dakota...I'd love to go back. Problem is, I can't figure out their seasons or draws etc...

If someone could give me a dumbed down run down of how it works to hunt South Dakota Rifle Deer, near Watertown, that would be appreciated. (NONRESIDENT)

Good luck with that!! Rifle tags are draw, by county. Archery are also draw but unlimited. They also go by east or west river. Depending on which side of the Missouri your on, still by county but season dates are different. I live 1 county to the west and and as a resident I draw a tag every 2 or 3 years

Ranger619

WKR
A nonresident cannot put in for an East river rifle tag until the 3rd draw. Which means about the only thing left is an anterless deer tag if even that. The counties around Watertown will be very difficult for a nonresident to draw an anydeer rifle tag, if ever. The archery tags can be an East River, West River or Statewide and run about $300 for the anydeer tag. You can get some archery anterless tags is that area too for $50-80 depending if it is a 1 or 2 deer license.

OP
T
I don't have any problem hunting archery TBH, so from what I gather here, it's pretty easy for a non resident to hunt archery?

weaver

WKR
Hunted the Black hills archery 2 years ago. Bought my license online and they sent it out. Pretty hassle free.

jmez

WKR
Forget rifle as a non resident. You can get an archery tag, all you have to do is apply online and they will mail it to you.