South Dakota Mule Deer - Beginner Advice?

krohboy

WKR
Just got back, I don't think there was much pressure at all. Sure you'll see a hunter or two but it's not terrible. Spent 4 days saw over 80 deer, 8 shooters. Definitely a great trip. Good luck

Glad you had a different experience then me. Every spot has 4 or more trucks parked at it. I still found places to get away and find some deer but I saw tons of pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Went to the hills this weekend on the way home Monday I saw 0 people at any walk ins from there to Mobridge. None at faith none at mud butte I stopped and looked at a bunch of different deer my wife was getting annoyed. Maybe every one is in Harding county but in the 300 miles I covered there was no one. I didn’t get out to where I scouted because kid wanted to dove hunt but no one has been there the last two nights. It’s a huge area mule deer live in

Boon

FNG
What part of South Dakota did you end up hunting?
I went up to the Grand River National Grass Lands. Not much pressure either, but didn’t see a lot of deer.

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
Me and a few friends are thinking of going West River early october 2019. Any advice on september october which may be better than the next? also any input on what weather may be like

KurtR

WKR
I would go 1st of september no other season going yet and deer less pressured. Weather could be 100 or 20 with wind more than likely and snow or rain if you want the weather to change just wait a few hours it will.