South or central Idaho spring bear partner

Jtay561

FNG
Hey guys,

Just got transferred for work from North ID down to the wonderous land of Ada Co... not too terribly familiar with anything down here as it’s very different than up north.

Looking to plan a 5-7 day trip to try and get some time behind some glass, hit the hills and chase some bears. If anyone is looking for someone to join up with, hit me up and we will see if we can’t work out a good plan!

WT57

FNG
Anybody contact you about hunting spring bear? I'm in Wisconsin and looking to hunt spring bear this year if possible, sometime late May early June. I'd have to drive out there but that fine with me once I get the time off.

gavin721

FNG
hey man, Im looking to do my first bear hunt in Idaho this spring. I am in Ada as well. I've got April 18th to the 26th off of work. Let me know if you wanna link up and possibly make something happen!

OP
J

Jtay561

FNG
Thanks for the offer! With my current work schedule, and the last few years of getting out quite a few times in the spring, I think I’m going to shoot for a little later in the season. Looking more toward the end of May or first week of June for my whole week trip. I’m definitely going to hit some weekends as soon as possible, have just had better luck with snow, and bear activity a bit later into May

DanTesta

FNG
Myself and a hunting buddy are coming out to Idaho for spring bear the last week of May. This is both of our first trip out west and have been researching units 18, 19, 19a, 23 and 27. Not sure where you were headed our what your plan is but would like to bounce around ideas to link up.

OP
J

Jtay561

FNG
Myself and a hunting buddy are coming out to Idaho for spring bear the last week of May. This is both of our first trip out west and have been researching units 18, 19, 19a, 23 and 27. Not sure where you were headed our what your plan is but would like to bounce around ideas to link up.

That’s about the same area I was thinking, unless in the off chance I get drawn in the lottery tags. I’ve got some resources in both McCall and Donnelly areas that will potentially help out. You guys lookin at flying into ID or driving?

DanTesta

FNG
We plan on driving, looking to get into the state on the 23rd or 24th. We were planning on trying to get a couple miles in and setup camp to get away from any crowds. This is our first western trip so a lot will be new, but have been pouring over OnX and Google earth trying to find potential glassing spots. We both aren't picky so much on size of the bears but would just like to get into some animals and check out some new country.