South Texas anyone?

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
I'm dying here guys, not literally but I've moved here from North Dakota for work and let me tell you I'm not used to all the private ground and the cost to hunt.

I'm located south Texas (south of San Antonio) I'm hoping to find a buddy to go call coyotes with that knows or has the connections around here. I'm experienced at day and night calling.

11f1afbab1e93dee7286c03b00e5ab5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FLATHEAD

WKR
Yeah, TX public land opportunities are nill.
And I've been applying for the draws there
for 10 years and have drawn nary a tag.
Good Luck.

wytx

WKR
You need to join one of the Texas hunting forums and get to know some folks. Texas hunting forum and Texas Bowhunters Forum.
Heck predators hunts are outfitted down there, good luck.
You need a lease but good luck too on that.

OP
Bdjones

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
I've always heard of the west Texas bobcat contest. I follow them on FB that pot money would be sweet!

OP
Bdjones

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
You need to join one of the Texas hunting forums and get to know some folks. Texas hunting forum and Texas Bowhunters Forum.
Heck predators hunts are outfitted down there, good luck.
You need a lease but good luck too on that.
Thanks, I'll check over there and see what's going on.

Weldor

WKR
Come on over to AZ. There's plenty of public land and coyote's. Hunted Texas for the last 10 yrs. It is pricey unfortunately. Prices are going up like inflation.

Cseaman91

FNG
I just moved down to Texas as well and am not impressed by hunting accessibility either. You have to pay to hunt invasive hogs for ranchers. I also haven’t decided if I would call sitting over a deer feeder hunting… good luck!

Chevoke

FNG
Just think you could have bought all the land you wanted in South Texas and West Texas 15 years ago for literally nothing. Hogs and importing animals is big business now....unfortunately. Lucky Im in central/east Texas to get in the action for nil. Sounds like I need to go north to truly experience hunting more than a few thousand acres.

WKR
Good luck! I lived outside Corpus for seven years and I recently moved back to AZ with public land hunting being a huge influence.
My advice is make friend with locals or pay up.

Northpark

WKR
Hunting in general has gotten expensive. Texas is pay to play and I pay. The way I see it is that I can spend $1300 on a MT elk tag or $700 in CO plus the gas money plus the weeks of vacation time or I can go drop $1000 have a nice place to stay for 3 or 4 days and shoot a pile of pigs and does fill 5 big coolers with meat maybe take the kids along. I mean it’s not a big adventure necessarily (though to the kids it is) but I’m not dropping $2000 just to have a chance to go share crowded public land either.

I live in AZ and I hunt public land here and it’s fun but drawing a tag isn’t necessarily easy.

Rafter_K

FNG
I’m in Abilene just about 3.5 hours north of you. Just have to knock on doors or find the coffee shop the older farmers and ranchers are at every morning. Worst they can tell you is no.

I took my father to Eagle Pass in Feb with Lazy R for javelina and pigs. Saw plenty of coyotes also. It was a nice place accommodations were nice food was good and there was plenty of room $1300 bucks for a hunt isn't very much anymore. They were good people. No high Fence. Good quail population as well. Link is below.

Laramie

WKR
I lived down there for 3 years. I would recommend focusing your efforts on fishing. I have a contact for a cheap shark fishing trip if you are interested. I would also recommend learning how to catch specs, reds, and flounder- excellent eating. Duck and snow goose hunting was pretty good in the brackish marshes on public. If you want to pay for a deer lease, I can probably help you with some contacts. Good luck