Southeast Alaska Mountain Goat Raffle

Dhosera

FNG
Dumb Question: Does anyone know what the CC Statement Hit or title looks like? Meaning I tried to apply for raffle tix but am having some internet issues it seems and I don't see anything showing up on my CC Statement that would lead me to believe it actually went thru. I'd rather not have multiple purchases show up because I'm unsure if it went thru or not.

MThuntr

WKR
Dumb Question: Does anyone know what the CC Statement Hit or title looks like? Meaning I tried to apply for raffle tix but am having some internet issues it seems and I don't see anything showing up on my CC Statement that would lead me to believe it actually went thru. I'd rather not have multiple purchases show up because I'm unsure if it went thru or not.
Give it a few days then check again. Since cutoff date isn't until July 1 you'll have time to buy a ticket if the internet hiccup didn't process your purchase.

MThuntr

WKR
My CC statement says AKBOWHUNTERS. I think they are going to pick a winners as soon as they sell out which should be sooner than July.
Good call...I wonder where they are at with sales. I'm in for 1. I'm in the middle of a home purchase otherwise I'd probably snag a few more.

OP
Nick Muche
We will draw as soon as they are sold out, looks like we are still around 100 left or so. Thank you to every one of you that has helped us out and I wish you all could win!

Altiholic

FNG
If I lucked out a won this, as an AK resident could I forgo the guided hunt and hunt this DIY?

I'm fortunate to hunt goats in my back yard with great success each year, but regularly put in for DG 005 and DG 006 because that region produces some really incredible goats in accessible terrain. I want the tag but not interested in the guided option, and will put the $ towards the new super 7 raffle instead if this is guided only. Thanks.

Bighorse

WKR
I think the thing you'd appreciate is getting airplane access into Ed's area which is the registration area. I personally built a trail with a chainsaw that took me two full days, just to reach the 2,000 foot level on or near the hills he likes to hunt. I do DIY hunts and have never been guided. I'd say, take advantage of the guided component. Get the flight, get the packer. His help is good! Often they will do the mentioned "trail work" ahead of the season. All those things leave energy for you to go one more hill over where the goat is just further than most want to humanly attempt. Lets not ignore the fact that a 10yr old billy is a huge animal!

OP
Nick Muche
If I lucked out a won this, as an AK resident could I forgo the guided hunt and hunt this DIY?

I'm fortunate to hunt goats in my back yard with great success each year, but regularly put in for DG 005 and DG 006 because that region produces some really incredible goats in accessible terrain. I want the tag but not interested in the guided option, and will put the $ towards the new super 7 raffle instead if this is guided only. Thanks.
This hunt does not come with a draw tag or Gov Tag. It’s in a registration area that produces exceptional goats.

Altiholic

FNG
I'd say, take advantage of the guided component.
Thanks for the feedback... I've been accused of being DIY to a fault in more than one aspect of life!

Lets not ignore the fact that a 10yr old billy is a huge animal!
I have a handful of age 10+ goats on the shelf at this point, but have handled several age 4-5 goat skulls from your neck of the woods that are waayyy larger than anything I've had the luck to take home. Always wondered how body size compares.

This hunt does not come with a draw tag or Gov Tag. It’s in a registration area that produces exceptional goats.
Thank you for the clarification and for of all your contributions here, sounds like a great cause.

OP
Nick Muche
Back up in hopes we can sell a few more! We'd love to draw for this at our banquet next month if they are all sold by then. Good luck to everyone who's purchased a ticket, I wish you all could win!

slick

WKR
Sign me up for a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk