Southeast WI

TX_Diver

WKR
Hey TX Diver...what part of Texas are you from?

Unfortunately I'm not technically "from" TX in that I wasn't born there (we can't all be that fortunate). I move around for work but have lived in Andrews, Bay City, and San Antonio for most of the last 7 years. Spent a year in New Mexico and just moved up here a few months ago. Really enjoying it but not looking forward to seeing what a full winter is like!

TX_Diver

WKR
Anyone here have a good understanding of the state natural areas and how to determine what's allowed and where?

I live near Avon Bottoms and am having trouble finding a map that shows where hunting is allowed and isn't (with regards to waterfowl). The text says that the SNA is open but then the map has a specific color for hunting allowed but that color doesn't show up on the map anywhere... I'd love to get out for the early duck/goose season but don't need to hunt somewhere I'm not supposed to. I'll call DNR next week but figured I'd see if anyone on here knew as well.

Cheers

Anyone here have a good understanding of the state natural areas and how to determine what's allowed and where?

I live near Avon Bottoms and am having trouble finding a map that shows where hunting is allowed and isn't (with regards to waterfowl). The text says that the SNA is open but then the map has a specific color for hunting allowed but that color doesn't show up on the map anywhere... I'd love to get out for the early duck/goose season but don't need to hunt somewhere I'm not supposed to. I'll call DNR next week but figured I'd see if anyone on here knew as well.

Cheers

From the looks of the it from the dnr site I believe it's all open. I have never been tho. Under recreation it lists hunting and sYs if there is any restrictions they would be listed under the access tab on the dnr page. There are no restrictions listed that I can find. And the map on the DNR page does not show any off limits areas that i can see either. Maybe you're best bet it to just cruise out there and see if anyone else is hunting geese today or tomorrow for the early season. Wish I had a better answer but they dont always make it easy

TX_Diver

WKR
From the looks of the it from the dnr site I believe it's all open. I have never been tho. Under recreation it lists hunting and sYs if there is any restrictions they would be listed under the access tab on the dnr page. There are no restrictions listed that I can find. And the map on the DNR page does not show any off limits areas that i can see either. Maybe you're best bet it to just cruise out there and see if anyone else is hunting geese today or tomorrow for the early season. Wish I had a better answer but they dont always make it easy

No worries! Appreciate the info!

I Went down there today around lunch and think some people were hunting there this morning as there were some trails outta the parking area where the grass had been walked on. Some areas are labeled as public hunting ground and are in what's shown on the map, then there are other areas that I just stumbled across with the same DNR labeling and access but they are not part of the DNR operated portion of the SNA per the map....

Regardless I saw zero birds but some monster mosquitos (and some turtles and a snake). Gonna focus on my NM hunt next month and check it out once it gets colder.

Cheers

BradG

FNG
When is everyone heading west? 19th for me. Excited for the mountains and hopefully snow.