Southeastern Bow Clothing

Long Cut

WKR
I live in middle GA and am looking to seriously invest in some quality hunting clothing.

I do 90% run & gun public land hunts for 4-12 hours at a time, covering some serious terrain for us Eastern folk. I only bow hunt and from a treestand, so slim clothing and silent clothing is critical.

Right now I’ve got Sitka’s Fanatic vest & Stratus pants. I also have a FL wool zip tee in ASAT that I got years ago.. Trying to stay Sitka but I’m open to what’s “best”..:

I don’t mind the heat at all, but I can’t stand the cold. Under 40F I’m miserable so I’m just looking for functional cold gear.

Our winters here range from 75 to 15F and everywhere in between... I’m looking for cold gear to help me hunt from 40’s down to 10F...

Any suggestions on what I should look into?

Kcarder

FNG
I live in middle GA and am looking to seriously invest in some quality hunting clothing.

I do 90% run & gun public land hunts for 4-12 hours at a time, covering some serious terrain for us Eastern folk. I only bow hunt and from a treestand, so slim clothing and silent clothing is critical.

Right now I’ve got Sitka’s Fanatic vest & Stratus pants. I also have a FL wool zip tee in ASAT that I got years ago.. Trying to stay Sitka but I’m open to what’s “best”..:

I don’t mind the heat at all, but I can’t stand the cold. Under 40F I’m miserable so I’m just looking for functional cold gear.

Our winters here range from 75 to 15F and everywhere in between... I’m looking for cold gear to help me hunt from 40’s down to 10F...

Any suggestions on what I should look into?
I live in north Alabama. I use all Drake hunting clothing. It’s not to heavy but still keeps you comfortable. It’s quality clothing. I use it for deer hunting and in the swamp duck hunting

OP
Long Cut

Long Cut

WKR
I live in north Alabama. I use all Drake hunting clothing. It’s not to heavy but still keeps you comfortable. It’s quality clothing. I use it for deer hunting and in the swamp duck hunting
I have a Drake 1/4 Eqwader and am not a fan. Pretty bulky and doesn’t keep me very warm. At this point I’m ready to invest in some quality gear

rekkr870

Lil-Rokslider
Check out SixSite gear out of Dallas. I use their gear for warm and colder months. I live in Southeast Arkansas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I use FL merino and Kiui attack pants in sept/oct middle Tn. For late season some good fleece. Check out rivers edge. Waterproof fleece at a good price. Very quiet!

I hunt in the north east and move around. Mobile ambush from the ground usually.

Sitka stratus is a good option. Sitka apex pants and a traverse hoody are quiet and warm with the right layers.

I am going to try a set of first lite solitude jacket and bib for late season this year. Will pack them in and wear them once I set up.

I live in middle TN but also hunt the west and some up in the northern midwest. Took a few years but I've landed on lightweight Merino base, heavyweight Merino base, fanatic hoody, fanatic jacket up top. Lightweight Merino base, heavyweight Merino base, timberline pants (sub stratus since you already have them), fanatic bibs on bottom. Add or remove depending on temp. This has served me very well in a wide temp range. If it's turkey season or hot during early archery, I'll run Apex pants and just a lightweight base or one of those thin synthetic mossy oak shirts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
For pants you can't go wrong with the KUIU attacks. Took them through hell and back so far and they've been nearly bullet proof. Good for all seasons too. The hip vents are awesome for hot weather. I've been rocking them with Sitka core heavyweight bottoms in Northern MN the last week and they've been awesome. Merino wool tops from First Lite would work really good for running and gunning. They breath well and regulate your body heat. Sitka core lightweight hoody has been a great piece as well. Makes for a good base layer in colder weather.

Best thing I have found is an iwom. I use it most of the season. I carry it in my pack, then put it on when on the stand. It allows me to wear clothes for walking, then I put it on and it will keep you plenty warm on stand. Might be bulkier than your looking for, but I can pretty much promise you there is no way you will get cold in it.

Otherwise fo what others have said, quality wool in layers. A tuff outerlayer.

Headhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Consider layering
My body temp runs hot so I can’t stand being too hot.
Produces sweat as well
I usually do 3 layers...
First is close to the skin synthetic or thin merino wool, second is a thicker merino/synthetic long sleeve followed with a thin/medium thickness jacket.
This will allow you to move to your stand site without generating any/much sweat. Then the ability to cover yourself according to the temps. If you get too warm, simply remove the jacket etc.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Best thing I have found is an iwom. I use it most of the season. I carry it in my pack, then put it on when on the stand. It allows me to wear clothes for walking, then I put it on and it will keep you plenty warm on stand. Might be bulkier than your looking for, but I can pretty much promise you there is no way you will get cold in it.

Otherwise fo what others have said, quality wool in layers. A tuff outerlayer.

your last name isn't Meeks by chance is it?