Southern BC / Alberta guided Mule Deer Hunts?

Jg75

FNG
My 30th birthday is coming up next year and my wife asked what I wanna do for it, I vetoed the traditional trip to Vegas that most guys do and I think I want to go on a archery Mule Deer hunt in some sick country, Muleys are by far my favourite game to hunt and it’s been atleast 8+ years since I’ve shot or even seen a trophy Mule Deer where I hunt in Southern BC. I know there’s some great mule deer country in Southern Alberta and BC I just don’t know the area, I’d be willing to fork up the money for a guided experience. Just wondering if you guys know of any good outfitters in that area?

Wheels

WKR
Be careful if researching hunts on the Indian reservations. Had a buddy just get back from a reservation hunt in Alberta and didn’t see a shooter buck except off the reservation on private ground. I guess the tribe likes to eat venison more than sell hunts/tours.

Rackmastr

WKR
Def wouldnt be Southern BC if I was choosing. Lots of great options in Alberta way up north all the way down south. Really comes down to the type of hunt you want, terrain, etc.

Koozer

FNG
I spent 7 days in AB in Nov and saw 1 buck that was over 160", and it was on property that we couldn't get permission to hunt on. It was the first guided hunt that I've ever been on, and all in all it was pretty disappointing.

Tmac

WKR
Mackin Outfitting in southern Alberta does a nice job. Rifle hunted with Tyson twice. Some very good bucks in his area.

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
Def wouldnt be Southern BC if I was choosing. Lots of great options in Alberta way up north all the way down south. Really comes down to the type of hunt you want, terrain, etc.

As someone who isn’t familiar with BCs Mule Deer, is one part of BC better? Is the trophy and hunt quality better in Alberta than BC?

Rackmastr

WKR
As someone who isn’t familiar with BCs Mule Deer, is one part of BC better? Is the trophy and hunt quality better in Alberta than BC?

I’d rank Alberta over BC almost across the board. Some good bucks get killed in BC, but not nearly what Alberta has to offer, even in areas with reduced numbers or quality.