Southern BC Outfitters

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Good morning!
I got the OK from the wife to start looking for an outfitter for a Mountain Goat hunt! I live in Washington State and was hoping to save on some trip cost by driving to the outfitter. Because of this I am looking at the South half of BC for an outfitter. I want to do an archery backpack hunt and I am not too worried about horn size. I really want the experience but hope to have several opportunities at a goat. I am 28, athletic and train all year.

Does anyone know of any reputable outfitters that would fit this style? Any help is greatly appreciated!

DennisT

FNG
Silent Mountain Outfitters is located in the southern part of BC. I hunted there in 2017, and they are very reputable. I think they do a few backpack hunts in the early part of the season. Good luck!

Check out Beaverfoot outfitting in Golden BC. I killed a 9 inch Billy on day 1 with a rifle, but they take several bow hunters a year with good success. Bowhunting safari consultants sells their hunts also. Alot of goats in the area with some pretty rugged terrain

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OFFHNTN

WKR
I had a successful hunt with Elk Valley Bighorn Outfitters out of Cranbrook. I don't think they do backpack hunts, but they have several spike camp locations with small cabins that they take horses too.

NMO

FNG
Bolen Lewis in Terrace, BC specializes in backpack bow hunts for Mtn Goat, and they are also one of the best outfits in the biz. They have a great crew of guides, and Mike Lewis is a stand up person/outfitter

You can PM me if u want and I can shoot you my number. I would be more than willing to talk with you about beaverfoot

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I got my archery goat with Rocky Mtn High outfitters near Cranbrook. I hunted with them twice. The first was a early season backpack hunt and the second was a later horseback hunt. Both hunts were amazing. I feel that the horseback hunt provided more oppertunities simply because how much more area you can cover. Good luck on your search!

OP
HoytHunter24

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
This all gives me a good place to start. I am going to reach out to Outdoors International as well to see what info they can provide. Thank you all for the recommendations

204guy

WKR
Wife and I also hunted with Beaverfoot in 14. Reach out if you have any questions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comerade

FNG
I live in the Elk Valley, SE BC and have worked as a guide for several outfitters . Goats are common on both sides of our Valley, I hunt them every year myself. Sam Medalf/ Elk Valley Bighorn Outfitters are a little north of us here, he is a neighbour- you will see goats. I have two other neighbours that are also outfitters and reputable. PM me for further info if you like.
You are the right age and have good fitness and should have success

Thunder head

Lil-Rokslider
Ill second the horse back hunt. The two ive been on are my most memorable hunts. You wont ride right up to them. You will still have too climb. I climbed up into a high basin then had to drop down and part way up the other side.

Fact is, covering more ground will enable you to find more goats in a stalk able position.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
I am going with Babine outfitters out of Smithers. I have a couple friends who have used them for several hunts including goat and made very good referrals. They are also well thought of by many on Bowsite. Smithers may be farther than you want to go but is 18hrs or so for me from Spokane.

You will have a great hunt with Babine! Hunted with them and killed a good billy and a black bear on my trip. Very nice operation. Not many outfitters, if any other ones, send you home with dried hides and European skulls.

WBT

FNG
I’ve hunted goats with both Beaverfoot Outfitters and Shadow Mountain Outfitters. Both are quality hunts. Do your homework and talk to as many references as you can. I hear stories about a lot of shady operators in southern B.C.