Southern Minnesota in November

Hey everyone. Ive had a couple opportunities pop up this season, one of which will be in Minnesota in mid November. My goal is to hunt the Rochester area (within a few hours drive) on public land, but there unfortunately isn’t much of that.

Does anyone happen to know of any private land in the area that I could pay to play on? I’d pay a trespass fee, and be happy to abide by any rules around taking bucks. I’m also only bow hunting and do not have any interest in gun season.

Please DM me if you know of any private land owners that would be interested, or if there might be some decent public land access that would be worth my time. I’d rather grind out public, but I’m open to anything at this point.

Thanks in advance!

WCB

WKR
Whitewater management area is about 30miles east of Rochester. That combined with other public right in that area is around 30,000 acres. Im sure you looked at the dates but there is only a 5 day period no gun hunting occurs in SE MN the N0V 14-18. Also check the CWD regs.

OP
A
Whitewater management area is about 30miles east of Rochester. That combined with other public right in that area is around 30,000 acres. Im sure you looked at the dates but there is only a 5 day period no gun hunting occurs in SE MN the N0V 14-18. Also check the CWD regs.

Hey thank you. Was looking at that area last week, but I’ll take a deeper dive. And thankfully, my timeline in MN falls on both sides of that no gun period so that can serve to an advantage. My target dates are to hunt most of that week.

Appreciate the reply.

Biggie

FNG
More public within 1.5hrs or less of there than you could hunt in a whole season. Some really good deer in the area but daylight activity especially after gun season may be limited. Aside from other deer hunters you'll likely run into a bunch of squirrel hunters. Be ready to climb some mountains, that's what will separate you from everyone else.