Southern Oklahoma whitetail

Taube94

FNG
A friend and I are going the hunt a property I own in southern Ok. I havent hunted this property in over a decade. I was looking for any tips that may help us be successful. We plan on hunting both gun and archery. Any advice would be appreciated.

OP
Taube94

Taube94

FNG
Thank you for confirming that. We had plans for corn and cell cameras

What does the property look like? Give us some satellite imagery. As mentioned above, corn piles work great but aren’t as fun as trying to figure them out as is. Just depends what you’re into.

OP
Taube94

Taube94

FNG
it’s around 500 acres. Pretty much wooded

Attachments

• 99CFA532-FAB7-4851-A6AA-86FE94ED68FB.jpeg
    99CFA532-FAB7-4851-A6AA-86FE94ED68FB.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 27
Looks to be a pretty sweet property. Especially at 500 acres. Just a quick glance, looks to be some thick cedar in SE corner. If that is the case I would assume that's some great bedding. If they are using it as bedding, I would never go in there except to retrieve a down deer. I would try to find some scrapes to put cameras over as well. You can get a great buck inventory of the property doing that. I like to hunt over scrapes too up until the rut starts. I have a feeder on my property (only 80 acres), I don't hunt over it but just have it there to help compete with neighbors. It always surprises me how many pictures of bucks I get hitting scrapes that never make an appearance at the feeder.

Looks like a great property, I'm jealous.

OP
Taube94

Taube94

FNG
We are going to try to make it for the rut but not sure if we will. We are talking about putting blinds in all 4 quadrants with feeders that way we can move spots if we kill one or don’t see anything
Looks to be a pretty sweet property. Especially at 500 acres. Just a quick glance, looks to be some thick cedar in SE corner. If that is the case I would assume that's some great bedding. If they are using it as bedding, I would never go in there except to retrieve a down deer. I would try to find some scrapes to put cameras over as well. You can get a great buck inventory of the property doing that. I like to hunt over scrapes too up until the rut starts. I have a feeder on my property (only 80 acres), I don't hunt over it but just have it there to help compete with neighbors. It always surprises me how many pictures of bucks I get hitting scrapes that never make an appearance at the feeder.

Looks like a great property, I'm jealous.

mi650

WKR
We are going to try to make it for the rut but not sure if we will. We are talking about putting blinds in all 4 quadrants with feeders that way we can move spots if we kill one or don’t see anything
If you kill one, don't move. The same reasons why 1 came in for you to kill will bring in the next one.

I've been hunting out of the same tree for > 15 years. If I kill 1, I'll be right back the next day.