Southwest ID/Merriam Turkey Elevation Question

OOSWLC

FNG
I'm going to be heading out for my first pre-season scouting trip tomorrow... I've got lots of "areas of interest" tagged on onx that look promising and will be making a really big loop... but the elevation varies a lot. This is my first time hunting Merriam's, and it'll be my first time hunting on western public land...

I'm reaching out in hopes that some people can give me some clues as far as elevations to pay attention to...

There seems to be habitat everywhere between 3-4k, 4-5k, and 5-6k feet...

Can anyone give me some pointers as far as most-likely elevations to hold turkey? - Or some of the contributing factors that would make them be higher/lower/etc?

Is there a too high or too low for scouting on ridges? Glassing, hearing roost chatter, etc.

The initial point I'm driving in to will have me park at around 3200ft, where I plan to climb a ridge for sunrise/fly-down... I will have options in all directions of ridges that span between 4000-6500ft. I want to do everything I can to be in the most advantageous place, obviously - But I don't want to take a big climb in the dark if it's unnecessary or maybe even a mistake.

Thank you in advance!!

Weldor

WKR
I have a place that is about 6000 ft . In the spring here in Arizona it can get pretty warm, but the birds are there year around.

Wassid82

WKR
I have found that snow line is way more important than elevation for SW ID turkeys. my experience is that the turkeys are almost chasing the snowlike as the grass greens up and bugs are milling around. When the places I hunt have snow cover I stick close to creeks as the water melts off the snow on the bank and opens up food sources for the birds.