SpaceX Starlink Internet Service

Not too far from you @Broomd. I have been getting roughly the same speeds. I think they must be doing a series of software updates that make the stats page more sensitive to detecting outages. It's roughly 3-4 seconds per hour, sometimes more. So far there has been minimal effects to video calls. Last night and this morning we lost service for about 40 minutes total. Thankfully the fail over works as it should.

NoWiser

WKR
Ive been patiently waiting for Starlink since I put down my deposit a couple months ago. I have a shop about 175-200’ away from my house. Is it possible to trench a cable that far and get internet out there? I’m an idiot when it comes to this kind of thing.

Ive been patiently waiting for Starlink since I put down my deposit a couple months ago. I have a shop about 175-200’ away from my house. Is it possible to trench a cable that far and get internet out there? I’m an idiot when it comes to this kind of thing.
Just set up a wireless ethernet bridge connected to the Ethernet port of the Starlink router I'd think....

You'd need two of these...

Perfect. I had no idea these existed.
FYI those only establish the link to the shop - you may or may not need a wireless access point there. I can't remember but I think the unit above will run as both an access point and a bridge at the same time, but I'd have to read up on them to confirm.

I have them running between the shop and the house. The shop has some PC's and lots of POE wired IP cameras. The cameras all run over the link to the machine that runs my DVR software...

Works good. I had planned dot run fiber out to the shop, but I'm satisfied with the performance of the wireless bridge..

bluumoon

WKR
Hope this true, I moved and didn’t figure out how to trick the system into working at my new place until I d/c’d service. After I figured out how to trick the system Starlink wouldn’t let me restart service, said when I stopped service they give the spot to someone else and I was back to the bottom of the list.

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
Does anybody know of, or can point me towards a true mobile internet solution? I am not trying to hi-jack the thread the folks on this thread would clearly know if anyone here does. The mobile hotspot sucks for speed. I finally got a true work from home(or anywhere job) and would like to travel some. The internet is my bottleneck. Even if you can get signal there isnt a mobile provider that doesnt throttle your data after a certain amount.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Received notification that service availability in my area getting pushed out to mid ‘22. When I signed up and paid my deposit it was ‘mid to late ‘21’. They cited a silicone shortage, but it a recent article indicated there may larger issues organizationally they’re dealing with.

z987k

WKR
Does anybody know of, or can point me towards a true mobile internet solution? I am not trying to hi-jack the thread the folks on this thread would clearly know if anyone here does. The mobile hotspot sucks for speed. I finally got a true work from home(or anywhere job) and would like to travel some. The internet is my bottleneck. Even if you can get signal there isnt a mobile provider that doesnt throttle your data after a certain amount.
This would be incredible. I would love it if we could take the dish with us out to a cabin. We could stay for weeks instead of just a few days at a time.

SouthPaw

WKR
Received notification that service availability in my area getting pushed out to mid ‘22. When I signed up and paid my deposit it was ‘mid to late ‘21’. They cited a silicone shortage, but it a recent article indicated there may larger issues organizationally they’re dealing with.
Yep, I got the same notice. Apparently its issues with production of the rocket engines to get their new V2 satellites in orbit. SpaceX is having problems. Bummer because I was hoping to have it sooner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JakeSCH

WKR
Yep, I got the same notice. Apparently its issues with production of the rocket engines to get their new V2 satellites in orbit. SpaceX is having problems. Bummer because I was hoping to have it sooner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got the same notification two weeks ago, then a few days later got notified to pay full amount and that my equipment will get shipped. Should be here early this week.

TXCO

WKR
After using it a friends cabin in Montana, I ordered it for my parent's ranch and then they'll drop satellitte tv. They cant get internet in their area right now. It was very fast in MT. Right now no usage/data limit either.

N.ID7803

WKR
I got the same notification two weeks ago, then a few days later got notified to pay full amount and that my equipment will get shipped. Should be here early this week.
This is what I am hoping for☝️. I put down my deposit in June and was counting down until i received the email that it will be mid 2022. Internet in the sticks sucks!

Is there anyone in the Gunnison, CO area on here that has experience with this? Really want to get this for our cabin there in May 2022, but I also don't have time to set it up only to find out I need additional parts or that it doesn't work as advertised. We have Hughes and it is only functional for sending email and VERY SLOW internet browsing.

Broomd

WKR
Guys, my neighbor is having issues with his Starlink dish going in and out of service.
I told him to reboot it, which he did and it's helped but hasn't fixed the issue.

Does anyone have a contact number for tech support? He looked and couldn't find anything, I didn't see anything either...

bluumoon

WKR
Is there anyone in the Gunnison, CO area on here that has experience with this? Really want to get this for our cabin there in May 2022, but I also don't have time to set it up only to find out I need additional parts or that it doesn't work as advertised. We have Hughes and it is only functional for sending email and VERY SLOW internet browsing.
It comes with every you need to set it on the ground and start. I’d recommend a pole mount or roof mount, although ground mount you could put back inside when you leave the cabin. You could use it at home and cabin, would just need to login into website and charge the service address, which happens instantly.

Login into website and see if your cabin and or home address is covered by service.

MattB

WKR
Guys, my neighbor is having issues with his Starlink dish going in and out of service.
I told him to reboot it, which he did and it's helped but hasn't fixed the issue.

Does anyone have a contact number for tech support? He looked and couldn't find anything, I didn't see anything either...
When I type “Starlink 800” into Safari, 888-653-7618 comes up in a Yelp review.

Broomd

WKR
Thanks Matt, I tried the number before sending it on to him and it rang and rang. Hard to say what's up there....