SpaceX Starlink Internet Service

When I type “Starlink 800” into Safari, 888-653-7618 comes up in a Yelp review.
Unfortunately, that number does not work. I can't find a phone number to talk to someone about approximate delivery dates. How crazy is it that I can place an order for $684 without any sort of delivery date....could be next week, could be next year.

N.ID7803

WKR
Unfortunately, that number does not work. I can't find a phone number to talk to someone about approximate delivery dates. How crazy is it that I can place an order for $684 without any sort of delivery date....could be next week, could be next year.
Go here https://www.starlink.com/ and login to your account or make an account if you don't have an account yet. It will tell you approximately when service is expected in your area. I have been waiting a year so far for mine.

Go here https://www.starlink.com/ and login to your account or make an account if you don't have an account yet. It will tell you approximately when service is expected in your area. I have been waiting a year so far for mine.
That link alone by entering an address does not give me any ETA whatsoever. I went ahead and paid $710 and ordered. I got an email that said I will get an actual ship date once it's ready, typically within 2 weeks. We'll see.

Insane that there is no customer service of any kind. No phone, no email, no chat/text...NOTHING.

FYI - I signed up in January, and got my unit in April. First unit was damaged and I had to send it back. Customer service f'ing sucks.

That said, new unit works like a dream. This thing is the f'ing bomb. I'm not out in the sticks but the service is so much more dependable than my shitball broadband provider (comcast). It was awesome to take my modem in and tell them to shut off my service after 20 years of bullshit price hikes, dropouts, crappy customer service (please unplug your router, and then call us back - you don't think I'v done that already?).

I'm now cobbling up some solar power crap I have laying around to keep power to this thing when the grid power goes off.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
For the love of all that is holy, don’t tell any city dwellers this...our little Idaho towns are getting tight as ticks with people. Having a fleet of adventure vans with satellite internet and Instagram vanlife influencers in every little mountain town might be more than i can take...
I completely agree!!!! My little town in colorado is the same and don’t need more remote people working/living/camping out of their sprinter vans!

Reactions: ODB
That link alone by entering an address does not give me any ETA whatsoever. I went ahead and paid $710 and ordered. I got an email that said I will get an actual ship date once it's ready, typically within 2 weeks. We'll see.

Insane that there is no customer service of any kind. No phone, no email, no chat/text...NOTHING.
So I ordered on May 9 and got a shipment notification already on May 14, a week earlier than what I was initially told. Should be delivered on May 16. After hearing about the long wait times, I really can’t believe how fast my order was processed and shipped.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve had it for a year or more. It works much better than what I had and is super easy to set up . You do need a pretty clear view of the sky with trees

Oldffemt

WKR
Also looking into this. Just bought a rural property and my wife works from home. Hope it’s the answer to our prayers.

Remember when we didn’t have internet !?! The days when people drew maps, used phone books and google wasn’t there to settle every argument ...
You mean the good ole days? I remember, and would take that over current society in a heartbeat.
I recently moved back to an area with extremely spotty cell service. I can get back to the good ole days pretty easily around here. I love it!

Paradox

FNG

That’s what stopped me! No contact info for sales makes me think service isnt going to be great when I get it and need help.

That’s what stopped me! No contact info for sales makes me think service isnt going to be great when I get it and need help.
Exactly one week from the time I ordered it, got it up and running yesterday evening. Simple setup and initial speeds are light years faster than our old POS Hughes Net service (that service was barely functional for checking email or browsing the web). This is going to be a real game changer for us in an area where there is no cell service.

We have another shared property that I'm likely going to order service for very soon.

My Starlink kit arrived yesterday. Had superfast internet 5 minutes after opening the box. I'm cancelling ViaSat as soon as I have a couple hours to spare to wait on hold with them.

jlh42581

WKR
If you need high speed internet and you havent also explored tmobile 5g internet you should. I have cable, a few of my friends have starlink and a few tmobile and all are plenty fast.

TMobile seems to have very limited availability. It's not even an available in many big cities. Certainly not an option in areas where there is little to no TMobile signal.

bluumoon

WKR
I completely agree!!!! My little town in colorado is the same and don’t need more remote people working/living/camping out of their sprinter vans!
You are getting the HGTV show based there... that def isn't going to help.

Have you been to Durango lately? My suggestion, don't. It's a f'n S&$#Show. Way too big for it's britches nowadays. Over it, but holding as my home value will probably 10x in 20 years.

I am on the starlink waitlist and received an email saying that i could either wait til 2023 or get the RV version and have no wait time. Basically it would not guarantee service as a priority user and default my use to a lower speed tier when the bandwidth is maximized in my region, usually during peak hours. I'm thinking I'll just wait. Has anyone opted for this RV service and if so, do you think its worth it?

Seems like a WY pay to draw special or save some money in regular and eventually draw. When is elon gonna start a preference point system, LOL?