Spain Ibex hunting

bobby7321

FNG
It all depends on what Ibex you are looking for. I've only hunted Gredos in the Reserve. That hunt is literally a walk in the park. One thing that many foreign hunters don't realize is that when hunting on a government reserve you will be guided by 1-2 local wardens in addition to the outfitter. They basically know where all the animals are and will have a few animals in mind once they know what you are looking for (depending on what your permit allows). So in these cases, it really can be DIY with very high success since you'll be with the government guides anyways. I'm a citizen there, so it was pretty easy for me. it did involve lots of paperwork. I actually bought my own permit (over the counter after the initial auction had passed) and set everything up myself. It did save me about 50% of the cost. If you don't mind the language barrier and like lots of paperwork you could probably pull it off as well. You will then also have to deal with the hassle of bringing your own rifle in, etc... For most people, it's probably worth the extra $ to go with an outfitter. Spain as a whole is an amazing place. Give yourself lots of downtime to check out some towns and the great food that all the areas have to offer. If you can, go in the fall and sign up for a Monteria (driven hunt). Those are really fun and pretty laid back.

bobby7321

FNG
The pricing you see on the auction list is the base price, then I think you are charged per cm above a certain threshold. I hunted with an A1 North permit. You can see that if you don't really care about trophy size, they can be a pretty cheap hunt.