Spartan bipod - carry options

RSC12

FNG
Hey guys,

I'm looking into buying a spartan precision bipod (either the pro or the lite, long versions). I'm just curious where most guys carry the bipod so its quick access. I like the idea of not carrying the bipod on my rifle all the time however it sure is convenient whenever I go to place my rifle down that I can use the bipod to keep in out of the dirt.

Im assuming most guys just keep the bipod in their pack or on their pack belt but I'm wondering if its actually practical to keep it on my person in case I drop my pack. (ie pants leg pocket, or chest pack). Would the long version be to big to place comfortably in my pocket?

Thanks

OP
R

RSC12

FNG
Ok thats cool that you find it not too cumbersome on your bio harness or pants pocket. Would you mind sharing which model of bipod you have?

Last edited:
OP
R

RSC12

FNG
Anyone else have any pics of their setups. Also would guys recommend the pro hunt "tac" over the lite or the pro. Its definitely a pricey purchase so I'm trying to weigh all the options.

sndmn11

WKR
I look two pieces of 1" webbing and made a round loop for the bipod to sit in with a slot for my bino harness webbing to run though on the back. A little bit of bungee cord over the top and for $1 you have yourself a holder thingy.

204guy

WKR
I carry mine in my pack lid or a large belt pouch until the final stalk where I just stick it in a pant pocket.

@Karson88 I didn't know razco made a kydex carrier, thanks.

OP
R

RSC12

FNG
I look two pieces of 1" webbing and made a round loop for the bipod to sit in with a slot for my bino harness webbing to run though on the back. A little bit of bungee cord over the top and for $1 you have yourself a holder thingy.

That webbing sounds like a good idea. Nice and simple.

I'm assuming most guys run the pro long version is that correct? Thats most likely the version I'm looking at but since I've never seen one in person it'd be nice to know itll fit in a leg pocket of my attack pants etc.

lintond

WKR
Is that a pro Tac? Trying to make sure the pro Tac will fit in the Razco before buying one.

Yes it will fit as I carry my pro tac in it. Only thing I’d like is if it was a bit looser fit to quicker deploy. It does it’s job though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk