Spartan Davros Head Ongoing Review and Discount Code!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using the Davros Head from Spartan Precision for a while and it has exceeded my expectations. It's not designed to directly replace a panhead, but can support everything from a spotter or binos, to rifle. You can even put your camera on it for great trophy photos when hunting solo. The weight savings and versatility are quickly making this one of my favorite additions to my pack this year.

All Roksliders get 15% off the entire Davros range of products with code davrosrks.

Please post any questions you have.

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good review JC. I finally understand how this thing works. Way lighter than what I thought it'd be

dmm08300

Lil-Rokslider
How well will it hold a rifle using the universal adapter that replaces the sling stud? Don't really want to put the adapter in some of my stocks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
How well will it hold a rifle using the universal adapter that replaces the sling stud? Don't really want to put the adapter in some of my stocks.

It works great. You just need to take care not to just drop the butt of the rifle if it's really back heavy.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

dmm08300

Lil-Rokslider
So as long as you don't just leave st it go it should hold it? Wasn't sure how solid it would be without the gunsmith style adapter bonded into the stock in front of the mag area. Trying to find a system to replace carrying a rifle with bipods and if I could run the rifle and spotter on the same mount like this system that may be the ticket. My other option is a gun saddle of some sort with a qd plate on it just curious how the davros stacks up because I'm really liking that system

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
So as long as you don't just leave st it go it should hold it? Wasn't sure how solid it would be without the gunsmith style adapter bonded into the stock in front of the mag area. Trying to find a system to replace carrying a rifle with bipods and if I could run the rifle and spotter on the same mount like this system that may be the ticket. My other option is a gun saddle of some sort with a qd plate on it just curious how the davros stacks up because I'm really liking that system

Depending on the weight and balance of your rifle you may be able to let the rifle sit and "hang" on the Davros without any problems.

I think the gunsmith adapter would have the same issue if you put to much weight/stress on it just like the universal adapter. There is obviously a bit of weight hanging when you support a rifle that far forward.

I have used the gun saddle/clamp system quite a bit and it works great. The biggest benifits to the Davros is size and weight savings. I'll get a photo of the two systems side by side for a better comparison.

dmm08300

Lil-Rokslider
That would be awesome! The davros seems easier and more convenient swapping a spotter and a rifle than the saddle with qd system

tdhanses

WKR
Great review Justin, quick question, did you try to put a qr adapter on it and use it with an existing head like the Outdoorsmans?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Great review Justin, quick question, did you try to put a qr adapter on it and use it with an existing head like the Outdoorsmans?
I didn't use it that way but you could. You just need a thread adapter like this.

cf85d27a88820f2b56df977e8a96b50e.jpg

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the Outdoorsmans panhead with the Triclawps clamp and the adapter. It's a great system but it's not as fast and it weighs almost 1.5 LBS.

06922fb9e92d9eca4ff59ed796dcc6e5.jpg