Spartan Davros Head Ongoing Review and Discount Code!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
In comparison

The Davros, a Javelin bipod, the heavy duty optics adapter for my spotter and the regular optics adapter for my binos. Everything together only weighs 11.15 oz!
607862076f9baf425ae64e0b1baab4b6.jpg

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
This is how the regular or heavy duty optics adapter works on the bino adapter.

b9f646999859f746e316cbed147b653f.jpg
9bb73063965c08b651aff83b58cd07cc.jpg

choovhntr

WKR
I just picked up the Davros and a qd plate and stud from outdoorsmans. I can now still use my pan head and swap between my binos, spotter, and rifle, in a matter of seconds. I didn’t want to give up the smooth panning I get from the pan head and this allows me to keep that. It weighs a bit more than just running the heavy optics adapter, but I felt with a heavy spotter, it was harder to make fine adjustments. Just a warning though that if you order the 1/4” stud from outdoorsmans, it’s a little long when attaching the baseplate to the Davros, a few minutes with a hacksaw and some careful grinding wheel work got it to the right length. System works great!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just picked up the Davros and a qd plate and stud from outdoorsmans. I can now still use my pan head and swap between my binos, spotter, and rifle, in a matter of seconds. I didn’t want to give up the smooth panning I get from the pan head and this allows me to keep that. It weighs a bit more than just running the heavy optics adapter, but I felt with a heavy spotter, it was harder to make fine adjustments. Just a warning though that if you order the 1/4” stud from outdoorsmans, it’s a little long when attaching the baseplate to the Davros, a few minutes with a hacksaw and some careful grinding wheel work got it to the right length. System works great!

The Outdoorsmans Panhead is hard to beat for sure. I think I mentioned in my review that the Davros will not replace a good panhead but can get the job done if weight is a concern.

choovhntr

WKR
The Outdoorsmans Panhead is hard to beat for sure. I think I mentioned in my review that the Davros will not replace a good panhead but can get the job done if weight is a concern.
Yeah, the versatility the adapter offers Is awesome. Guys can run it to fit whatever system works for them. I just wanted to share a different way to use it. Thanks for a great review on the product!

just picked up this head based off your review. It is really, really cool. I am noticing that it doesn't seem to have the strength to lock my howa mini grendel in place... but that is ok. I can't really think of a time where it need it totally locked in place on a tripod.
Thanks Justin

tdhanses

WKR
I didn't use it that way but you could. You just need a thread adapter like this.

cf85d27a88820f2b56df977e8a96b50e.jpg

Actually after asking Outdoorsmans makes a qr plate with the 3/8 thread, bolts up nice without need for an adapter.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
just picked up this head based off your review. It is really, really cool. I am noticing that it doesn't seem to have the strength to lock my howa mini grendel in place... but that is ok. I can't really think of a time where it need it totally locked in place on a tripod.
Thanks Justin
Glad you enjoyed the review. And hope that Davros helps you in the field!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
Very interested in this system, thanks for the review. A couple questions though.

With regards to the attachment of the Davros into the socket of the rifle. What stops the rifle from pivoting on that socket?

On the Heavy Duty Optics adapter, it appears that QR lever would clamp down and stop the rotation of the optic, could that be lightly released and allowed to pan?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
It comes with the 15's. I'll try to find out if it's available separately.

JBivens

FNG
With a Swaro 12X50 would you have get an adapter for the stud? Not sure how to attach w/o using the swaro bino plate adapter.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
With a Swaro 12X50 would you have get an adapter for the stud? Not sure how to attach w/o using the swaro bino plate adapter.
I'm not sure I understand your question.

Connecting the Swaro 12x50 would be just like the way I connected the Sig 15x56.

tdhanses

WKR
I'm not sure I understand your question.

Connecting the Swaro 12x50 would be just like the way I connected the Sig 15x56.

As long as you have the ability to connect a stud to your bino it’ll work. If you can’t connect a stud like on the EL’s unless you send them to Outdoorsmans you could use the Outdoorsmans bino hand.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Very interested in this system, thanks for the review. A couple questions though.

With regards to the attachment of the Davros into the socket of the rifle. What stops the rifle from pivoting on that socket?

On the Heavy Duty Optics adapter, it appears that QR lever would clamp down and stop the rotation of the optic, could that be lightly released and allowed to pan?

Sorry, I missed this one somehow. Nothing stops the rifle from pivoting other than you holding it.

Releasing the QR lever works great for panning with your spotter.