Spartan Davros Tripod Head Review and Discount!

junior

WKR
Wish I had that discount a few months ago. I put mine on an Arca Swiss plate and it’s super slick to throw onto my outdoorsmans tripod/Jim white 2.0 head when it’s time to shoot. Here’s to hoping it helps me this rifle season

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Wish I had that discount a few months ago. I put mine on an Arca Swiss plate and it’s super slick to throw onto my outdoorsmans tripod/Jim white 2.0 head when it’s time to shoot. Here’s to hoping it helps me this rifle season

I know for sure my son would not have been able to take his buck last year without a tripod and Tanya Avery used one to take a nice buck as well.

junior

WKR
Nice! Yeah it looks great. I had picked up the full mountain sentinel and I just don’t think it was for me, I like my outdoorsmans for glassing a lot better. But the davros looks like an awesome quick way to shoot off a solid tripod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
Doh... I literally just received mine, and was pretty happy at the Rokslide discount.

mthayr

WKR
Thanks for the review. I'd been looking at this and wondering if it were a great idea or a gimmick. May have to pull the trigger.

Jumped on black Friday deal. I really like the Javelin bipod and how light and fast it deploys. No more packing two pound Harris around. Looking forward to Davros head for tripod rest for longer shots.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Jumped on black Friday deal. I really like the Javelin bipod and how light and fast it deploys. No more packing two pound Harris around. Looking forward to Davros head for tripod rest for longer shots.

Be sure to let us know what you think after you get a chance to use it.

For those of you with a davros head...can you unscrew the lock collar all the way & pull the ball / collar off? the head looks good for shooting but still like my pan head for glassing. if that thing comes off and I can get to threads just make a collar w/ a stud for pan head.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you with a davros head...can you unscrew the lock collar all the way & pull the ball / collar off? the head looks good for shooting but still like my pan head for glassing. if that thing comes off and I can get to threads just make a collar w/ a stud for pan head.

Yes, you can. This is how it works. Fully assembled Davros head.

IMG_1854.jpg

Top cap and stud removed.

IMG_1855.jpg

Threaded adapter. I can't seem to find these on their website so I'm not sure if they still sell them.

IMG_1856.jpg

Outdoorsmans Panhead installed.

IMG_1857.jpg

tdot

WKR
Yes, you can. This is how it works. Fully assembled Davros head.

IMG_1854.jpg

Top cap and stud removed.

IMG_1855.jpg

Threaded adapter. I can't seem to find these on their website so I'm not sure if they still sell them.

IMG_1856.jpg

Outdoorsmans Panhead installed.

IMG_1857.jpg

Can you please enlighten me why you would do that?

Why wouldnt you just remove the Davros from the tripod and mount the Panhead directly to the tripod?

Atleast with the optics adapter on the Davros you have pan/tilt. Do you maybe have a pan function between the davros and the Outdoorsman Panhead? Or is locked down to the Davros?

300wby

FNG
Anyone know if there are any codes available for the titan shooting system? looking at picking it up with some universal rifle adapters and it’s looking like $700 w/o any discounts, which the one at top of this thread doesn’t work.

thanks everyone.