Spartan Forge

Anyone hear about or check out the new mapping software called Spartan Forge?

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, I signed up and have been using it for E Scouting a new area. I like the different maps, however am still getting adjusted to it. Overall it does what I need it to and I'll give it a shot along with Hunstand for this season.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
One nice thing is the satellite imagery has several variations or types built in. At least in the areas I’ve looked, it appears that they have specifically selected imagery from different months, so I can get a good summer, fall, or winter view of vegetation types. The stuff I hunt, it is imperative that I can find the hardwood/pine transitions.

With that said, I haven’t used it enough to say I would keep it as my only mapping app. I use a combo of Spartan Forge, BaseMap, Google earth, and Caltopo for various reasons.

The deer “intel” may be slightly better informed than others that are mostly moon based, but it’s obviously not a guarantee that you see deer moving on those days. Can’t say I’ve had it long enough or observed enough days in the field to say it’s a particularly valuable part of the app.