Spartan javelin light vs pro?

SHoug07

FNG
Does anyone know the difference if any in the head of the javelin light vs pro? Looking at getting a bipod and noticed you can buy the javelin light and the long pro legs to save 50 over buying the pro model.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The only real difference I know of is the leg "lock-out" feature on the pro. This was a great improvement imo.

ProHuntBack_1_564da544-34d8-437a-bde0-2e0371e10501_800x.jpg

Wright406

WKR
They have a new bipod being released soon. Called the V2. Looks badass for long range hunting and only weighs 13oz. May be an option for you

choovhntr

WKR
Got to handle the v2 at sheep show a few months ago. It’s a pretty sweet product. Look forward to your review if you end up getting one.

slowelk

WKR
They have a new bipod being released soon. Called the V2. Looks badass for long range hunting and only weighs 13oz. May be an option for you

Also looks pretty cumbersome whether you're packing it or on the rifle.

ak max 83

FNG
I am very interested in the Javelin Bipod. I think I will go with the lite and upgrade legs when finances allow.

JakeSCH

WKR
I'm sure you have found out by now, the the pro hunt comes with adjustable legs and the lite has fixed length legs plus the leg lockout described above. I went with the pro earlier this year and have been shooting well off it, but decided to upgrade to tricerusa GTP legs...If I would have known about the GTP legs hand I would have bought the lite.

tdhanses

WKR
I'm sure you have found out by now, the the pro hunt comes with adjustable legs and the lite has fixed length legs plus the leg lockout described above. I went with the pro earlier this year and have been shooting well off it, but decided to upgrade to tricerusa GTP legs...If I would have known about the GTP legs hand I would have bought the lite.

What are these, pics? Where did you get them?

RSC12

FNG
The only real difference I know of is the leg "lock-out" feature on the pro. This was a great improvement imo.

View attachment 174018
Hey guys. I'm in the same debate myself about buying the lite vs the tac model. I'm just wondering how important this lock out feature is. Trying to decide about spending the money upfront for the tac model or just getting the lite model and buying the legs separate in the future.