Spartan Precision Equipment Giveaway *ends on Thanksgiving

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My first elk hunt. Unsuccessful in the taking of animals but hugely successful in other ways
5c3c45fdf82e0930faef1048b69b7afb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right, hunting is about the whole experience. I'd love to get out from behind my laptop right now 🤣

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
This picture brings me right back to early mornings in the Wallowa mountains. Did you learn anything by hunting in a different area/state?
I learned a lot about hunting elk. The opportunities are not as abundant in WA and I was able to really get into the rut.

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
View attachment 234240

The grimace on my face was real... it was in the negatives with 20 knot wind. I took turns quartering my elk, feeding the fire, and thawing out my fingers. I ended up with frostnip on my several parts of my face and fingers, and burn marks on my gaiters from squatting over the flames to stay warm. Good times!
Dang that hunt sounds brutal! Where were you hunting? Late season?

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
That's some excellent looking country! Were you deer or elk hunting?
Deer hunting! My hunting buddy had an Elk tag that he filled two days earlier. We were working on filling the deer tags when the picture was taken. We spotted more elk and a moose but couldn't come across any deer. It was fun nonetheless!

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I got the opportunity to join a program called Hunting With Heroes out of Cheyenne! I drew a first time hunter with no equipment! He borrowed a rifle, practiced shooting some the day before and then got to harvest his first big game animal. Sporting my orange and rifle made me proud! Teaching him how to process it was even better! They say they’re grateful, but not even close to how memorable an experience it was for me to share with someone who had sacrificed so much!
I’ll be doing it again! Here he is with his goat, still lugging an attached bipod, spartan is on that rifle now, now he wants one, if this wins, he’ll have one for sure!

View attachment 234485
Thank you for passing along our sport. What iconic looking antelope country too 😍