Spartan Precision Equipment Giveaway *ends on Thanksgiving

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Might also be a good excuse to add to the stamp collection. They make sub $500 22LR that weigh less than 10oz and are crazy effective. I've got a liberty centurion in the works that will work sweet for my 9mm pistol and 22lr, is user serviceable, and is all titanium and stainless.
Awww you're putting bad ideas in my head....

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
dae8e582025372fe974c49551f1841a0.jpg

Pretty rough year of hunting for me and my wife this year. Work and school kept us busy and hot weather didn’t help finding elk. I did see a lot of the picture above though. My wife doesn’t miss a chance to take a nap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha caught in the act! I call them tactical naps, makes it sound cooler

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There have been Grizzly bears here longer than I’ve been hunting , so I can’t say. I will say, that we’ve had great luck with aggressive elk in this area, fir 8 years or do, regardless of predators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's good to hear the elk are still moving around. My friends in Idaho have noticed elk holing up more because of predators, but maybe that's more of a localized thing

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep Wyoming. I learned a good amount that will hopefully help me on future elk hunts. I tried to learn a lot in the last year since I had a limited entry tag I waited 17 years for and came up empty. It was a good motivation to learn as much as I could in a short time to prepare for my wyoming tag. That learning with a large dose of luck turned up this much better than hoped for bull.
It's always a tough balance to decide whether to hunt a lesser unit more often, or hold out for a better chance at a nice bull.

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That looks like a big auodad, but I'm also not the best at judging them. I'm a wheelchair user who usually hunts from a pickup or side-by-side. Do you think there would be any chance at 1 of those sheep for someone like me? I'm wondering what the terrain is like as far as accessibility?

Northpark

WKR
That looks like a big auodad, but I'm also not the best at judging them. I'm a wheelchair user who usually hunts from a pickup or side-by-side. Do you think there would be any chance at 1 of those sheep for someone like me? I'm wondering what the terrain is like as far as accessibility?
It’s a 30” sheep so big but not a true monster.

As far as terrain. I would describe where we hunted them as a jagged pile of rocks and cactus. However there are ranches that offer much better access that you could hunt them successfully.

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s a 30” sheep so big but not a true monster.

As far as terrain. I would describe where we hunted them as a jagged pile of rocks and cactus. However there are ranches that offer much better access that you could hunt them successfully.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, it's helpful 👍

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Happy Thanksgiving! A bunch of people have been asking, so I wanted to let you know the company in England I work for (Spartan Precision Equipment) is running a Black Friday sale Nov 26-29th.

Javelin originals for $175
Davros for $75
Metal trekking pole handles $15
Free snood with every order

BlackFridayCollection410.jpg