Spartan Precision/Javelins/Sentinels... What we've been up to....

JP100

WKR
Could you enlighten us a bit more? Is this the tripod that Mr G glued and repaired and has just returned to Pace Brothers? He freely admits that he hadn't glued it properly (It was a pre production prototype that went out with the Pace Brothers).

If it is that one then it would behove you to tell the whole story rather than just throw in a hand grenade like that one?

If it wasn't that tripod then I'm surprised that we haven't heard from you about the lifetime warranty and getting it fixed?

And it if it was a Javelin that you're talking about then you are the first person out of 35,000 sold to break one...

Yes it was that one, and im sure you guys fixed it up.
from my use of it, (and Byrons) there were a few rather simple design issues(ie angle adjustable legs) that seem to have been completely overlooked.

OP
S
Thanks for the apology for your hand grenade post... :rolleyes:

For the record I have banned Mr G from making tripod legs and they are now built by the company that produces Manfrotto and Gitzo tripod legs. The carbon is produced by the company that make flight control rods for Airbus.

As for angle adjustable legs the benefit of us not doing that is strength. A leading manufacturer quotes their max rated strength at 11Kgs for theirs. We had Mr G hanging from one of ours and he weighs 92Kgs and it wasn’t even close to giving way.

Go figure..

Anyway back to more reasoned comments...

HookUp

WKR
Used my spartan bi pod for the first time this year and steadily dropped a great bull, I approve!
I will have a case made for them that attaches to my Kifaru belt.

OP
S
We have a couple of new holsters if you’ve not been on the website for a while including a leather and a Kydex holster for Javelins. May work out cheaper than making your own.

Lawnboi

WKR
Jim I’d really like to see a holster of some sorts that attaches to a pack, specifically pals webbing on the belt of my pack, even some kind of pocket such as a kifaru mini belt pouch but longer that would attach would be nice. As I said my only worry with the bipod is losing it. I don’t run a sling, and don’t want anything on my hip due to wearing a pack. If you can figure that one out the javelin will definetly be staying on my rifle.

jeffpg

WKR
I do use a sling for hunting, and as much as I like my Niggeloh sling by Spartan, as I mentioned above I lost my bipod out of it on the mountain while elk hunting in New Mexico recently...

I am going to have to replace the bipod, and I will have to make some sort of modification to the sling before trusting it to hold a bipod again, even if it's just a strong rubber band or 2 that secures the bipod to the sling pocket. As ingenious as it is, the magnet just isn't quite enough to keep the bipod secure under strenuous mountain hunting conditions.

I really dig the Spartan products and look forward to hopefully adding a tripod to my arsenal one day.

OP
S
Jim I’d really like to see a holster of some sorts that attaches to a pack, specifically pals webbing on the belt of my pack, even some kind of pocket such as a kifaru mini belt pouch but longer that would attach would be nice. As I said my only worry with the bipod is losing it. I don’t run a sling, and don’t want anything on my hip due to wearing a pack. If you can figure that one out the javelin will definetly be staying on my rifle.

Okey doke.. how about this one from our friends at Red Kettle Hunting? Available shortly...

02116F97-E8AE-4DE1-B01C-ADDEDC6F4127.jpg

carter33

WKR
Recently ordered the quick draw kydex holster and the fit and finish is great. I dropped a nice bull caribou with the javelin bipod and on a few other hunts my only complaint was having my bipod in my pack and not taking time to dig it out when dropping my pack and closing the last bit of distance. Believe the holster is the perfect answer.

I was able to attach the kydex holster to my Kifaru pack using a malice clip which can be found cheap on amazon. Easy to swap between the pack and a belt quickly.

Last edited:
I got a standard length spartan 300 and the long leg extensions during the group buy. It’s light enough that I leave it on my rifle in situations where I would have previously left a Harris bipod behind, which is a big deal. It is plenty steady for me and worked nicely on my muley this fall.

For the negatives- the first day using it I damaged the plastic insert in the adapter that the bipod locks into when folded forward or backward. You have to be very gentle and make sure everything is lined up or this is easily damaged. This little peice rotates around in the aluminum adapter which doesn’t make for a very solid lock up of the bipod when folded up.

It would be a big positive if the 300 locked on cant like the javelin. I might have to get a javelin and deal with putting it on and taking it off. As mentioned, knurling on the twist locks would be nice.

Because of the weight savings, I will have one of these with me on all my upcoming mountain hunts.

OP
S
I got a standard length spartan 300 and the long leg extensions during the group buy. It’s light enough that I leave it on my rifle in situations where I would have previously left a Harris bipod behind, which is a big deal. It is plenty steady for me and worked nicely on my muley this fall.

For the negatives- the first day using it I damaged the plastic insert in the adapter that the bipod locks into when folded forward or backward. You have to be very gentle and make sure everything is lined up or this is easily damaged. This little peice rotates around in the aluminum adapter which doesn’t make for a very solid lock up of the bipod when folded up.

It would be a big positive if the 300 locked on cant like the javelin. I might have to get a javelin and deal with putting it on and taking it off. As mentioned, knurling on the twist locks would be nice.

Because of the weight savings, I will have one of these with me on all my upcoming mountain hunts.

Let me see if if I can sort out a new plastic insert for you...

As for the holsters I will speak to Christian from Red Kettle and see when the first batch are likely to be available. They are really nicely put together as are his slings...

jmden

WKR
I'd like to see a very simple, small, lightweight kydex or similar holder for the Javelin that can be screwed/epoxied/attatched right to the forestock, sides or bottom as customer would like it, to hold the Javelin compactly and securely (but easily removed) to the rifle and ready for instant access. I don't want a big, bulky plastic or otherwise holder of some type that weighs as much or more than the Javelin, which kinda defeats the point of spending a lot of money on a lightweight bipod in the first place. The issue might be that it could get ripped off in backcountry travel, though.