Spartan sentinel

Looking at a new light weight tripod for mountain hunting. Anyone use this? I currently have a vortex summit for my spotter and haven’t used a bipod. Kind of interested in using this as a tripod for the spotter and as a bipod for longer shots. Anyone have real world experience? Thanks for the input.

I'm looking at these too while quarantined. When are their sales typically offered? Anyone with more feedback on mountain vs. woodsman (taller version) for use in CO mountains?

rcdinaz

FNG
Interested... I was planning on changing to the Outdoorsman's Tall this summer. My only issue is I can get the OD tripod for half the price. Almost $1K is pretty steep even with all the cool features.

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking at a new light weight tripod for mountain hunting. Anyone use this? I currently have a vortex summit for my spotter and haven’t used a bipod. Kind of interested in using this as a tripod for the spotter and as a bipod for longer shots. Anyone have real world experience? Thanks for the input.

Hi! I'm a fellow Rokslider, and also a rep for Spartan Precision Equipment. The Sentinel tripod works as a really good dual purpose platform for glassing and shooting from. Even though my situation is a little different, I'm a quadriplegic, I use the tripod to shoot from often. Having the ability to tighten the tension down on it really helps stable my shots because of my stupid wobbly body.

If you're looking to reduce the amount of gear you carry, I found the Sentinel to be extremely versatile. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you 👍

CBJF (45 of 69).jpg

CBJF (44 of 69).jpg

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm looking at these too while quarantined. When are their sales typically offered? Anyone with more feedback on mountain vs. woodsman (taller version) for use in CO mountains?

The mountain size is the one you want. The woodsmen is great for standing shots, that I think you would use the mountain size more often because it can be used from the sitting and kneeling position, which is something you will encounter more where you hunt.

We don't have official times when we run sales. I am trying to see if I can arrange a discount though. Are you still looking for a tripod?

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Interested... I was planning on changing to the Outdoorsman's Tall this summer. My only issue is I can get the OD tripod for half the price. Almost $1K is pretty steep even with all the cool features.

You're right, the Sentinel is a significant investment. Here's one way to look at it- if you want a tripod that has all the features, get the Sentinel. It allows you to unscrew the legs and turn them into trekking poles, turn it into a big bipod, or even at tent. You wouldn't necessarily have to carry a bipod into the backcountry because this tripod can serve both purposes.

If you want a carbon tripod that you can class and shoot from, the Titan is a great lower priced option. We're able to offer it at a lower price because the legs don't unscrew. It does have the ability to raise and lower the center column, which is nice for glassing. You can also splay the legs out almost flat, which allows you to shoot from the prone position.

If you have another tripod or want to go with another manufacturer, the Davros head screws onto just about any 3/8" head. This allows you to get the benefits of the quick attach Spartan system to easily swap between glassing and a shooting rest. Hope this helps!