Spartan Valhalla Bipod Review ***Updated 1/13/21***

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Those are fantastic pics Justin! Nice job on getting your family our in the field hunting with you.

I'm always curious to hear how our new gear is performing in the field. Do you feel any difference in stability with the Valhalla bipod by having the center of gravity be lower because of the pivot point being closer to the barrel? Do you find yourself carrying the rifle around with the bipod attached, or just throw it on the quick detach system when you get ready for the shot?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Those are fantastic pics Justin! Nice job on getting your family our in the field hunting with you.

I'm always curious to hear how our new gear is performing in the field. Do you feel any difference in stability with the Valhalla bipod by having the center of gravity be lower because of the pivot point being closer to the barrel? Do you find yourself carrying the rifle around with the bipod attached, or just throw it on the quick detach system when you get ready for the shot?
I think the lower pivot point definitely makes the Valhalla more stable compared to standard style of bipods. I left the bipod on the rifle when in the field. It's a bit slower to attach than the Javelin so I felt it was better to leave it on.

For most hunting, I would choose the Javelin Pro Hunt over the Valhalla due to the weight savings and quick attachment. The Valhalla will still get used a lot though for predator hunting or other hunts without a ton of hiking.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
F
Justin,
Those are great pictures!!! Looks like a great time, those are memories that will never be forgotten.

What chassis are you using on that rifle?

I too have found the bipod to be very stable, I am hoping to get it out on some hogs here soon. For most of my applications I have left it mounted as well. With the low profile of the system it does not present a problem or much of a weight issue for the short ranges I have been hiking with it.

OP
F
353b8018ba17aef31a94f3aa94b3827b.jpg

Loving this bipod for all its applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F
Sorry for the delay in getting this review completed. I am planning to get out after the new year and put some more time on the bipod. Any new questions or anything you want to see in particular while I am out?

Murtfree

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Valhalla to use on an AR10 platform and was thinking this bipod would be great for one of my heavier varmint rifles if there was a way to attach it. I did buy some of your picatinny adapters when you had those for sale a year or so ago which attached to varmint style stocks that had two sling studs(look like they may be DC’ed). Maybe the picatinny spigot would attach to that adapter but haven’t had time to try it. Are there any plans to make the Valhalla adaptable to heavy varmint guns since the Valhalla would certainly lend more stability to this heavier rifles

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I picked up a Valhalla to use on an AR10 platform and was thinking this bipod would be great for one of my heavier varmint rifles if there was a way to attach it. I did buy some of your picatinny adapters when you had those for sale a year or so ago which attached to varmint style stocks that had two sling studs(look like they may be DC’ed). Maybe the picatinny spigot would attach to that adapter but haven’t had time to try it. Are there any plans to make the Valhalla adaptable to heavy varmint guns since the Valhalla would certainly lend more stability to this heavier rifles

I'm not sure what you're asking?

I use my Valhalla Bipod on my heavy target rifle.

IMG_99741615737076594.jpg

Murtfree

Lil-Rokslider
it appears your rifle has a piece of Pic Rail attached under the fore end or am I missing something. I have several Remington 40x’s with only a single sling stud and space for an Anschutz style rail. Doesn’t the spigot require a pic rail to clamp on to? I’m at work so I can’t check any of this at the moment.

I found this picture in my files that shows the pic rail adapter Spartan used to offer. It attaches using the attachment points when a rifle stock is equipped with twin sling studs. Was thinking the pic spigot attachment may be able to attach to it.

Attachments

• 22136294-A89F-4AC9-B77F-953B90E12A40.png
    22136294-A89F-4AC9-B77F-953B90E12A40.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
it appears your rifle has a piece of Pic Rail attached under the fore end or am I missing something. I have several Remington 40x’s with only a single sling stud and space for an Anschutz style rail. Doesn’t the spigot require a pic rail to clamp on to? I’m at work so I can’t check any of this at the moment.

I found this picture in my files that shows the pic rail adapter Spartan used to offer. It attaches using the attachment points when a rifle stock is equipped with twin sling studs. Was thinking the pic spigot attachment may be able to attach to it.
Okay gotcha. That adapter would not work well with the Valhalla. You need to install a normal pic rail to your forend and it needs to go all the way to the end.

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

All the Valhalla needs is a piece of picatinny or M-loc rail to attach the spigot mount to. If you had a mount like the one in your picture, that has a section of Pic rail and a magnetic Javelin adapter, just flip it around so the piece of Picatinny rail faces forward.

The Valalla is certainly designed for heavy varmint rifles. Did we answer your questions, or can I help you further?

Murtfree

Lil-Rokslider
All the Valhalla needs is a piece of picatinny or M-loc rail to attach the spigot mount to. If you had a mount like the one in your picture, that has a section of Pic rail and a magnetic Javelin adapter, just flip it around so the piece of Picatinny rail faces forward.

The Valalla is certainly designed for heavy varmint rifles. Did we answer your questions, or can I help you further?
Thats exactly how I figured it and it does work. Cant is a little tight but it does attach and you can still use the original Bipod/Tripod socket on the pic rail adapter. Does Spartan still make this adapter?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 23

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thats exactly how I figured it and it does work. Cant is a little tight but it does attach and you can still use the original Bipod/Tripod socket on the pic rail adapter. Does Spartan still make this adapter?
I thought we still made this adapter, but the refreshed website isn't showing it. I'll check with the team in England and get back to you