Specific Crispi boot questions

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
All-

I have read multiple threads and reviews, and still am hung up.

For those that have worn the Wyoming boots, are they waterproof? I keep seeing conflicting info about them not keeping feet dry.

Again, only for those that have used them in the field, is the hype real-meaning are these boots that great?

Thanks in advance-

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I think the answer is a qualified “yes they are waterproof”. gore-tex is a fragile membrane. Synthetic boots are generally made of a woven, synthetic materials with a gore-tex booty either floating inside or glued to the outer materials. Thorns or small, sharp objects can puncture a synthetic boots woven exterior more easily than a leather boot. If the outer material is punctured, the hole may penetrate the fragile gore-tex member, allowing water to seep in. Thus, it is not surprising that some people report water leakage while others have no issues. Full leather boots are more puncture resistant and thus less likely to develop a leak. However, leather boots are often heavier and they are sensitive to heat. So, it’s a trade off.

Separately, people sometimes experience water in their boots due to water wicking up the pant legs. When walking through rain, snow or damp grass, the water may adhere to the fabric of one’s pants. Due to adhesion the water will spread and go up the pant leg. Eventually the water will reach the top of one’s socks and the water molecules will adhere to the sock materials and the process will continue until the water literally wicks down into one’s boots. If one isn’t aware of what happened, the person may believe the boot leaked.

I have never heard anyone say the Wyoming leaks due to a design fail. Others may have a different experience.

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t had any water issues with my Idaho’s(taller version of the Wyoming). Nothing extreme with them yet but they stay dry. I agree with what @Stingray said. Gaiters are a good investment with any boot to help keep water from “wicking” down into the sock/boot.

lucascole76

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Wyoming’s and they are great in water . Never had any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk