Speer Impact bonded bullet

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Doesn't hurt my feelings of someone doesn't care to try something new. You gotta shoot what you have confidence in. I just figured I'd throw it out there in case someone hadn't seen it yet. I'm willing to give them a try. I enjoy shooting my hunting rifles quite a bit, and it gets boring if I shoot the same old thing over and over again.

Axlrod

WKR
It says they are coming soon... Speer is owned by Vista Outdoors same Corp. that owns Federal and over 40 other brands. They make some good stuff but their definition of coming soon is likely " coming in small spurts in several years"

260madman

WKR
Speer overinflates BC so I wouldn’t count on that being accurate. They also have a habit of dropping bullets off the face of the earth for no reason and no communication as to why. I won’t dog on them too hard though as I use the
Hot-cor in my 308s with excellent results on paper and deer.

Speer overinflates BC so I wouldn’t count on that being accurate. They also have a habit of dropping bullets off the face of the earth for no reason and no communication as to why. I won’t dog on them too hard though as I use the
Hot-cor in my 308s with excellent results on paper and deer.

If the pictures of the bullets match the actual bullet shape, I’d agree that the BCs are inflated. They look pretty accubondish.

OP
Newtosavage
Guess we'll wait and see. I'm willing to give a new product a chance.

I really liked the 130 grain Gamechangers from Sierra out of my Grendel, for example.

ericwh

WKR
So are these dead? Can't find them in 6.5 anywhere or on the speer website.

I guess I'm late to the party - first time I saw them was yesterday.

WCB

WKR
So are these dead? Can't find them in 6.5 anywhere or on the speer website.

I guess I'm late to the party - first time I saw them was yesterday.
They haven't even been released yet.

K1jerry

FNG
I've put about a hundred down range in my Seekings Havak Element 308 21in bbl.. Varget and CFE223. Its still a work in progress but I'm bound and determined to make them work. They are readily available in the 172. I think I paid $37 a box of 50. They are pretty much a gold dot with a enhanced polymer tip. Frontline rejects has a youtube video on them. Great expansion and weight retention. They should still open up at 1600 or 1700 fps. So I can whack sheep at 600 if need be and get expansion. Bears up close with great weight retention and a wide wound channel. AB are ok if you can find them and eld-x frag apart badly. I just need to get thes down to 1/2 MOA.

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
As fyi Remington is loading these in a new “long range line”. They have added a 150 270 and 175 7mm in the factory offering. Loading the 3 PRCs.

Lou

K1jerry

FNG
Thats great. I finally settled in on 44 grns Ramshot TAC. It gives me 2635 out of my Seekings 21in barrel. I was only able to achieve about a 3/4 in groups but it could be me. However Hornady 165 flat base is about 1/2 average. CFE223 and Varget wasnt working. With the Impacts .520 bc vs Hornady Interlock .387 bc , I went with the Impacts for my final answer. Hornady says 1950fps impact velocities needed and the speer is around 1600-1700 for good expansion. We shall see.