SPI land closure in California.

530Chukar

WKR
For those that haven’t seen it yet, Sierra Pacific has closed ALL 1.7 million acres of land in California to ALL access due to the current fires and ongoing fire threat. I don’t see this changing by the opening of many deer seasons. It probably won’t open until the first rains. Time for plan B.

http://spi-ind.com/spi_news_docume...ndustries Forestland in California Closed.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kickemall

WKR
I just saw the forest service has closed large parts of the Mendocino National Forest due to the Ranch fire which is still very active.

amassi

WKR
I wonder if they ceased all logging activity as well

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

i really dont know how to approach this. the land i hunt is forest service land..but i cross an ungated section of SPI to get there...is that breaking the law...who would enforce that? Here in Butte county there are a lot of public roads that still cross spi land because it is largely checker boarded and often unmarked.

ryanbauman23

Lil-Rokslider
i really dont know how to approach this. the land i hunt is forest service land..but i cross an ungated section of SPI to get there...is that breaking the law...who would enforce that? Here in Butte county there are a lot of public roads that still cross spi land because it is largely checker boarded and often unmarked.

From what I understand, you can still use the roads to get to the forest service land but can not step off said road.