Spike camp chairs ?

16Bore

WKR
Z-Lite pad with a loop of shock cord around each end. Flip it in half and you’ve got quite a seat. Then it goes back under the BA air core at night.

Newtopen

FNG
Z-Lite pad with a loop of shock cord around each end. Flip it in half and you’ve got quite a seat. Then it goes back under the BA air core at night.
Sounds pretty ingenious, do you have any pics of your set-up? I'm looking for ideas to stay lightweight for my son and I and dual purpose is appealing due to the need to carry in 2 sets of.... :) thx

lkwoolsey

WKR
Do any of you use these, like the Helinox zero in your backpacks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the Helinox Zero. Really doesn't weigh too much, and it's very comfortable. I like it more than most camp chairs I've tried that don't pack down and weigh quite a bit more.

I’ve got one of the Helinox knock offs from amazon. Pretty much identical for a fraction of the cost. I’ll bring it in for base camp if we’re only going in a couple miles. Kind of bulky for a luxury item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for the amazon knockoff, found one with a lifetime warranty for $33cdn vs $140-180 for a helinox, I believe this one is an oz or two lighter as well. We'll see how durable it is in the long run, some of these deals come back to bite you in the ass when they fail in the backcountry but others seem to function even better than the brand name version.

16Bore

WKR
Sounds pretty ingenious, do you have any pics of your set-up? I'm looking for ideas to stay lightweight for my son and I and dual purpose is appealing due to the need to carry in 2 sets of.... :) thx

Easy....

For packing:

2BD01277-DD6E-4ABA-8E8E-E03206B069FE.jpeg

For sitting:

9F12555B-124F-4BD3-8C41-EB484EF9F0AC.jpeg

16Bore

WKR
Don’t make the shock cord too tight or it will bunch up.

Another vote for the Helinox Zero. A pound lighter than the knockoffs. Excellent camp chair. Much better than sitting on a pad. Not sure if I will use it glassing or not. But totally worth carrying it out to camp.
Screenshot_20200126-173449_Chrome.jpg