Spike camp questions

jb79

WKR
Looking at this pack for scouting and traveling but was wondering if the large belt pockets would fit on sides and if the water bottle pockets would go on the belt? Anyone have any pictures......

Take-a-knee

Banned
The Spike uses Kifaru's Omni Belt, so if you order it with PALS, it'll take any PALS accesories any other Kifaru pack will carry. The Spike is a great day pack, it AIN'T a meat hauler, and it is smaller than it "appears". I've probably flown 40-50 times with one. I sold mine and bought a Hill People Gear Umlindi.

JB, I went thru a similar deal when I bought my late season. Waffled back and forth on spike camp vs late season and the LS is the one I chose. The SC top opening is just too small for me. The duplex belt on the LS is much more comfortable than the omni belt on the SC. The LS can handle the extra layers I needed for late season hunting and the extras I picked up when traveling. The pals on the belt and the pals on the bottom or the LS take any of the pals type pockets you want to put on them. I'm glad I went LS for my needs and wouldn't mind taking pics for you if you're interested in the bigger pack. Best of luck in your search. Bill

OP
J

jb79

WKR
Thanks for the input, I like the late season but was worried if works as a carry on and it looks like with 22" stays it will!

Can you add a grab it to the LS? Looks like it from the pics but can't really tell.
Thanks

Yes, a grab it works well with the late season. The cargo chair also works well if you run across one of those.

On a recommendation from Kevin at Kifaru.... I bought mine with the 24" stays. We talked back and forth about stay length and he helped me decide to buy the 24's for hunting and potential heavy hauling and then I could swap in a pair of carbon arrow shafts for my travel needs. I cut a pair at 22" and at 20". Surprisingly enough I really like the 22" stay length of the carbon arrows and the pack fit is still great with them as "straight as an arrow".

Will take my LS to work and shoot some pics of it with the grab it and side pockets.
It's a very functional pack.

OP
J

jb79

WKR
Thanks for all the advice guys, I ended up going with a 24" duplex for my rambler and an AMR for my 26" duplex figured this was the best of both worlds, we'll see?
If and when they make a 22" duplex I think I would try that out for the rambler...... I am short

Thanks. I thought it was pretty close. Does the SC function ok as a daypack if you pull off the waist belt when you don't have a big load?