Spike camp / stalking slippers?

swamphunter

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the old mesh top beach shoes the last few years.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Jetro94

FNG
Got these in 10-11.5 size last week, 5.5 oz, will dry quick, hard sole to keep pokey things out, and will stay on your foot crossing streams with no worries. Oh and like $13 delivered to your door ha.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QDL142X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I second these. Took a pair sailing this spring. Walked trails,climbed all over rocks and around boat. Crocs are awful when wet and offer no traction. They might be more padded but not worth a damn to cross a stream.

Last edited:
I usually pack crocs but I looked at the ones ChrisAU sent and ordered a pair. Hopefully they will fit my size 14 with socks. $15 will be a cheap trial and if they work they will pack smaller than the crocs.
Well, I got my pair of these. They run a bit on the small size, which is what I was expecting, but I am hoping they will work. pack much smaller than crocs and just a light if not lighter.

ChrisAU

WKR
For the guys that ordered the ones that I posted, I did use a razor to cut and remove the stitching for the rubber pull on the front of the opening and the nylon pull on the rear. Cut off .3 oz or so for the pair, took 2-3 minutes. I know that sounds nuts but I ordered them looking for light lol.

ChrisAU

WKR
Well, I got my pair of these. They run a bit on the small size, which is what I was expecting, but I am hoping they will work. pack much smaller than crocs and just a light if not lighter.

So for camp shoes I hope I don’t miss the toe protection of crocs, walking around camp in the dark with just a headlamp can cause you to kick a couple sticks or what not. But as creek crossing shoes I have much more confidence in them staying on my feet and being able to keep me stable. Add in the 5+ oz weight savings and that puts them over the edge for me. I’ll probably kick a rock like I’m trying to kick a game winning field goal this year while stumbling around camp and completely reverse my rec on these but I’m giving them a shot lol

EastMT

WKR
Carrier croks for a long time, then found the Dawgs Slippers. 1/2 the weight and volume, stay on better, 1/3 the price.

469c0ba802691e90bd4032f9037f5a61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Got these in 10-11.5 size last week, 5.5 oz, will dry quick, hard sole to keep pokey things out, and will stay on your foot crossing streams with no worries. Oh and like $13 delivered to your door ha.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QDL142X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These (tons of varieties on Amazon) are awesome. I don't know why anyone would buy expensive stalking shoes when you could use these triple purpose, cheap, light weight slippers. (y)

CMF

WKR

After using these on my hunt a couple weeks ago, I was not impressed with how long it took them to dry. They are light and take up very little room, but were slow to dry out.
'm thinking of going to crocs on next adventure, but have seen plenty mentions of the exped slipper. Any feedback on how those dry out?

ChrisAU

WKR
After using these on my hunt a couple weeks ago, I was not impressed with how long it took them to dry. They are light and take up very little room, but were slow to dry out.
'm thinking of going to crocs on next adventure, but have seen plenty mentions of the exped slipper. Any feedback on how those dry out?

Thanks for the letting us know, I'll be sure to pay attention to help keeping mine dry.

A thick pair of socks and set of insoles is all you need. Slide your boots off and place the insoles inside a pair of socks and pull em over your other socks. Now you are silent and protected from sharp objects for stalking. Crocs make ideal camp shoes.

I just use some $4 family dollar croc knockoffs for water crossing and around camp. If it’s dryish in camp I use my worn out older pair of Minnetonka slippers for stalking and warm camp shoes. Old slippers are great.