Spike Tent and Stove suggestion.

I’ve been looking at all different types of tents from seek outside tipis to all sorts of canvas tents. I have horses and ride a lot so I’ll probably pack in on my horses or truck hunts. I’ve decided on going with a spike tent with a stove and I’ll put the link to both below. Tell me your thoughts on this setup or what else I should look at.

burlap

FNG
I usually base camp with a Davis tent 14x16. I have a Seek Outside Cimaron and a Luxe Megahorn XL. The cimaron is a snug fit if you use a stove and bring a friend. I haven't used the Megahorn XL, yet. I'll probably set it up and use it this week.

Davis Tent makes a great tent. I've used it for 5 years. It goes up and comes down easy enough, if you're using conduit. I haven't had a need to use lodge poles at all. I don't think I'd bother doing that either, since I've got the Megahorn.

How many folks are you looking to support? The stove to heat a wall tent isn't small, consider that, as well.

I'd skip any cylindrical titanium stoves if you go that route with a tipi. I have a Lite Outdoors one, and while it works great, it's a royal pain in the ass to assemble in the field. It WILL impact your choice to move camps.

OP
Buckarooman17
I usually base camp with a Davis tent 14x16. I have a Seek Outside Cimaron and a Luxe Megahorn XL. The cimaron is a snug fit if you use a stove and bring a friend. I haven't used the Megahorn XL, yet. I'll probably set it up and use it this week.

Davis Tent makes a great tent. I've used it for 5 years. It goes up and comes down easy enough, if you're using conduit. I haven't had a need to use lodge poles at all. I don't think I'd bother doing that either, since I've got the Megahorn.

How many folks are you looking to support? The stove to heat a wall tent isn't small, consider that, as well.

I'd skip any cylindrical titanium stoves if you go that route with a tipi. I have a Lite Outdoors one, and while it works great, it's a royal pain in the ass to assemble in the field. It WILL impact your choice to move camps.
I was about to buy the megahorn xl but I’ve been hearing a bunch of bad on Luxe lately so I didn’t. I had a 10x10 range tipi and we fit 3 people in it quite a bit comfortably but didn’t have a stove. I’m thinking a 12x12 spike tent would be just about right for 3 people especially where it has walls. The g stove is stainless and pretty heavy duty so I figured it would hold the heat. Those collapsible stoves are a complete joke and I won’t use one.

burlap

FNG
I was about to buy the megahorn xl but I’ve been hearing a bunch of bad on Luxe lately so I didn’t. I had a 10x10 range tipi and we fit 3 people in it quite a bit comfortably but didn’t have a stove. I’m thinking a 12x12 spike tent would be just about right for 3 people especially where it has walls. The g stove is stainless and pretty heavy duty so I figured it would hold the heat. Those collapsible stoves are a complete joke and I won’t use one.
The collapsible titanium stoves for tipis are pretty much the only ones that make sense. A giant steel stove is silly if you got an ultra light tent.

To me, a wall tent doesn't make much sense without a stove. I use a four dog stove. If you're going to go without a stove, I'd just bring regular tents.

Beendare

WKR
It depends on how light and compact you want it. Are you OK with having an extra animal for just tent and stove?

I have a Davis Herder...which is similar to the one in your OP. Its pretty bulky...as will be anything in canvas for a decent size tent. My buddy has a tent of very light fabric SnowChaser or something like that...that is lighter.

A good mid weight tent would be something made from Realite....with maybe the roof canvas for breathability.

The nylon tents like a Seek Courthouse would be a good compromise- Fairly light/compact and still the feel of a small wall tent.

Lightest will be a tipi.

Stove wise, I've done everything from a big Cylinder stove, to Sheetmetal folding stove...and the UL packable models depending on the shelter.

______

OP
Buckarooman17
It depends on how light and compact you want it. Are you OK with having an extra animal for just tent and stove?

I have a Davis Herder...which is similar to the one in your OP. Its pretty bulky...as will be anything in canvas for a decent size tent. My buddy has a tent of very light fabric SnowChaser or something like that...that is lighter.

A good mid weight tent would be something made from Realite....with maybe the roof canvas for breathability.

The nylon tents like a Seek Courthouse would be a good compromise- Fairly light/compact and still the feel of a small wall tent.

Lightest will be a tipi.

Stove wise, I've done everything from a big Cylinder stove, to Sheetmetal folding stove...and the UL packable models depending on the shelter.

______
I can take an extra horse no big deal. Probably 70% of the time I’ll be camped not too far from a good Forrest road with my truck and trailer so packing isn’t a huge deal. The area I hunt a lot shuts down a pile of roads in September or the 1st of October so it’s pretty easy riding on a horse and usually no need to pack in.