Spin Testing Questions

Zac

WKR
So where would a guy go to buy fletched Axis shafts?

You realize those are out of stock right? Think that was his point. He can't find 300's anywhere.

Guess that came up later. Seems axis are hard to come by now. Then again a lot of arrows are hard to come up with now.

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
What do you mean custom arrows? I think the offerings at Black Ovis are very reasonable. The ones I posted are

Just buy the ones from Lancaster and have them cut them and install the inserts.

LOL. The rest of the world thinks $100 for 6 arrows is expensive.

I used the build sheet from South Shore and it came in at $236 for 10. LOL. Would be some awesome arrows.

Reactions: Zac

Fatcamp

WKR
I'm in no hurry. The arrows I have now shoot, bit I have a new bow and would like higher quality arrows for it. Current bow and arrows work well enough.

I'm in no hurry. The arrows I have now shoot, bit I have a new bow and would like higher quality arrows for it. Current bow and arrows work well enough.
Wayoh22 (I think) has a dozen fletched 300s for sale on here.

You realize those are out of stock right? Think that was his point. He can't find 300's anywhere.
I saw that. I should just buy them and deal with cutting them down. Does a pipe cutter work? Wonder if I can salvage the inserts?

Do not use a pipe cutter. I'd get them to a shop and pay them to cut them down. I'd just buy new inserts as well. Might salvage them, might not.

Some guys get by with using a Dremel to cut shafts, I think that's a pretty bad idea. Axis arrows need to have a squared off shaft end since they use hit inserts. Hits also need to be glued in precisely since they don't have a shoulder.

I saw that. I should just buy them and deal with cutting them down. Does a pipe cutter work? Wonder if I can salvage the inserts?
No pipe cutter on carbon. May be able to get the inserts out but Aluminum inserts are cheap, brass a bit more. I have a dozen aluminum if you decide to go that route I’d sell them.