Spine help

Shooting 70lbs at 27" draw with a 26.5" Easton Axis 340 w/ the HIT insert and a 100 grain head....I want to throw in a 75 grain Easton Steel 8-32 Half out insert or the 75 grain brass insert and shoot a 125 gr broadhead. Looking at the nock on Axis match grade spine chart it says I need to stay at 340 but I don't know if this chart is taking into consideration the 125 grain head. Would it be smart to drop to 300 spine or would the 340 spine be stiff enough?

I get increasingly skeptical of spine charts as point weight increases. I think you're probably fine with 200 gr up front on a 340 spine arrow at your draw weight and length. I'd build a 340 test arrow and shoot it through paper. If you get a paper tear indicating weak spine that you can't correct by adjusting cam lean (with rest windage close to spec), then maybe try a 300 spine (or shorten your 340 arrows if you have room to do so).

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
I get increasingly skeptical of spine charts as point weight increases. I think you're probably fine with 200 gr up front on a 340 spine arrow at your draw weight and length. I'd build a 340 test arrow and shoot it through paper. If you get a paper tear indicating weak spine that you can't correct by adjusting cam lean (with rest windage close to spec), then maybe try a 300 spine (or shorten your 340 arrows if you have room to do so).
You should read my post about spines. Just above yours in the archery page. I’d go with a 300 spine.

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
The only negative thing I've ever noticed from going up in spine is the increase in weight slowing me down a little. If your bow can fling it, I'd shoot it.