Spine issue

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Easton axis 340's, 28.5", 456g, 13.5FOC. Bowtech Realm X pulling about 68lbs

Charts show my spine should be good. Shoots bullets through paper out to about 15-20yds. After that i consistently get a slight nock left tear, not always but fairly consistent. It's tough to tell sometimes eyeballing arrow flight, but i think i can see it in flight also. POI is good, bow shoots well.

Am i having a arrow spine issue? Inconsistent form issue?

What's your tip/insert weight? I shoot a very similar set up with the 340 Axis and think I'm fine with my spine. Also ran OT2.
I personally think you're fine. past 20 yards bare shaft is tough without your grip having some impact. If it's shooting good up to there I think you'd be alright.

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
If it was a spine issue you would have a tear and be unable to get rid of it at much closer yardage. Most likely your form/grip creating the tear past 15yds.

I doubt it's a spine issue. 340 should be about right at the specs you listed. Maybe a bit weak but not much.

I only paper tune indoors at very close range. Since you said you're not seeing the slight left tear until beyond 20 yds, I'm guessing that you're shooting outdoors, so wind could be affecting your paper tear. If I were getting bullet hole tears from point blank to 20 yds, I'd call it good and not worry about it anymore. Paper tuning is just a means to the end of getting your broadheads to impact the same as field points. I'd say your paper tuning is good enough and suggest moving on to shooting broadheads.

Side note if you do want to continue refining your paper tune: nock indexing each individual arrow can help clear up slight tears.

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
What's your tip/insert weight? I shoot a very similar set up with the 340 Axis and think I'm fine with my spine. Also ran OT2.
I personally think you're fine. past 20 yards bare shaft is tough without your grip having some impact. If it's shooting good up to there I think you'd be alright.
50g brass insert and 100g tip. I’m not bareshaft tuning, the arrows are fetched.

Wind wasn’t an issue. I noticed it when I began working on shooting with both eyes open, and could see arrow flight much better. I probably won’t mess worry about it until seasons over. I’m shooting good.