Spine sound about right?

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’m shooting a Black 5, 29” draw. Originally the bow was maxed out at 70lbs, and I was shooting 300 spine Black Eagle Renegades, 58gr half out and 100gr head, for a total of 158gr up front. They flew great and seemed to work well.
I’ve had some elbow and shoulder stuff going on, and I had to dial the bow down. I got everything set up now at 62#.
I’ve got a set of Black Eagle Spartans I was wanting to try out. They are 300 spine. Do you think if I cut them 28.5” ctc, use the SS insert with 75gr weight, and a 150gr point, for a total of 253gr up front, that that will loosen them up to be the right spine for 62# at 29”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no expert when it comes to this, but to me it sound like it should be about right. What you could do is cut one arrow to 28.5" ctc and then put just a stock insert on the front of it and then buy various field points in different weights and then paper tune with different point weights to find what weight up front creates the "optimal spine" and then make the rest of the arrows with whatever components you want and just getting the right amount of weight up front. Here is an example. You put a 25 grain insert in and find that the 175grain field point shoots the best. This means you have a 200 grains up front. You could then put a 75 grain insert in the rest of the arrows and then a 125 grain head to achieve the same weight, but then have many more broadhead options in a 125gr vs a 175gr. That's my 2 Cents.

NY12020

FNG
The arrow will be weak at 62lbs, 28.5", 253gr up front...i'm coming up with 250 spine. Your current arrow at 158gr up front is about perfect. Every 25gr of point weight is equivalent to another 5lbs of bow weight (next line on the spine chart).