Spine?

Ac338

WKR
I’m currently shooting a Halon 32 27” draw with 75% mods at 62#. Arrow is a .400 spine axis 5mm 27.25” nock throat to end of carbon 3 fletch helical AAE max stealth vanes.On front I have standard 16 grain insert and 100 grain vpa although I’m putting 150 grains on it now. Struggling to tune top hats and rest adjustments or turning down poundage not fixing broadhead impacting right of fp 7” although turning down poundage brought it in a little. Thinking I need to try a different spined arrow especially going up to 150. Question is .340 or .300? Thanks

340 with a 150gr head should do you right.

Your gonna have to run a heavier insert to make a 300 work and your gonna end up killing your arrow speed.

Zac

WKR
If your already hitting right you don't want to add any weight. You can try shimming the cams to the left by moving the larger Tophats to the right. No reason your current configuration shouldn't work at that poundage.

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
If your already hitting right you don't want to add any weight. You can try shimming the cams to the left by moving the larger Tophats to the right. No reason your current configuration shouldn't work at that poundage.
Moved cam left with three different top hat configurations already and now have the furthest left configuration I can get and I’m still hitting right. Also tried a few different releases. Double checked all specs after string swap and everything likes good as well as cam timing on the draw board. Going up to 150 was unrelated to my tuning issue was just something I was doing this year regardless. Before the string swap my same setup tuned easily.

Are your BH's hitting 7" right of FP's with 100 or 150 gr heads? Or both? If both, arrow spine probably isn't the root cause.

400 spine should be about perfect for 100 gr heads and mildly-to-moderately weak for 150 gr heads depending on whether your bow is the 5", 6", or 7" brace height model. At 27" draw length, you should have room to trim your arrows down an inch or so if you did want to stiffen them a bit.

What's the centershot measurement of your rest?

Definitely would try trimming your arrows before spending the money on new ones - unless you just want new arrows.

At 27" you could easily take a full inch off of those 27.25" arrows and be just fine.

If buying new arrows is your goal, go with the 340. Absolutely no reason you would need an arrow that stiff, not to mention you can easily source 340 spine arrows.

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
Thanks for the responses, bow is a 6” brace and this has all been with the 100 grain heads I haven’t shot with the 150 grain heads yet didn’t want to throw one down range yet with the tuning issue. Center shot is set at 13/16” cam all the way left with top hats. Moved rest both directions to test and neither direction brought fps and broadheads together.

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
Are your BH's hitting 7" right of FP's with 100 or 150 gr heads? Or both? If both, arrow spine probably isn't the root cause.

400 spine should be about perfect for 100 gr heads and mildly-to-moderately weak for 150 gr heads depending on whether your bow is the 5", 6", or 7" brace height model. At 27" draw length, you should have room to trim your arrows down an inch or so if you did want to stiffen them a bit.

What's the centershot measurement of your rest?
Center shot is at 13/16” 6”brace and haven’t shot the 150s yet this is all with 100 grain heads. Getting the same results with three different makes of bh as well

Last edited: