Spooked some elk will they stay there

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Got up to 9000ft wanted to get above suspected bedding did some calling at top before I side hilled above bedding got 60 yds or so in and there's a bull laying down wind in our face before buddy could draw he stood up blocking shot with blow down he stood for prob 2 min then bolted then 4 5 cows that were hidden by blow down started standing up one by one and took off. Did some cow calling didn't slow them down. Is there any chance they may be in same drainage or will they move on?

Moneyball

WKR
Who knows. At the end of the day they are animals and can be hard to predict. However, in my experience, if they smell you...they gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Matt mi

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Wind was coming up pretty strong never shifted about the only time it hasn't when I've been close to elk. This is first time hunting out west and the wind or thermals are nuts those were the first elk I've layed eyes on had a bull chuckle and moan being real quite first couple days never seen him and called some in with a cow responding to me they took lower trail then I was expecting and caught our wind never seen them either

Got up to 9000ft wanted to get above suspected bedding did some calling at top before I side hilled above bedding got 60 yds or so in and there's a bull laying down wind in our face before buddy could draw he stood up blocking shot with blow down he stood for prob 2 min then bolted then 4 5 cows that were hidden by blow down started standing up one by one and took off. Did some cow calling didn't slow them down. Is there any chance they may be in same drainage or will they move on?
i would act like they are still there.... bumping them once from seeing you shouldn't be that big of a deal.... they could be gone, but i seriously doubt it, unless they have already been pressured

Dude I pushed the same herd of elk all over 200 acres of timber for a week. That was the first time I've ever bumped elk and seen them a second time. Who knows what they'll do.