sporks, foons and eatin

rayporter

WKR
I think sporks try poorly to do two things. I have a Toaks titanium spoon with a polished bowl. It’s lightweight, and long enough to reach the bottom corners of a Mountain house without getting it all over my knuckles. I decided I was tired of eating trout and tenderloins off of a stick, so I bought a titanium fork (I think it’s a sea to summit). The two together weigh about what a stainless spork weighs.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I also dislike sporks and am a cheap bastard. Walmart has $1 4-packs of spoons and forks so my current combo, which has been around for years, cost about 50 cents. Chinese crap, of course, but it’s one of those cases where “thrift “ outweighed anti-China principles. I just can’t make myself spend multiple dollars for a utensil, no matter how light or American made it is.

Mosby

WKR
I found a couple of long handle silicone spoons at a Tuesday Morning that I really like. They have a deep bowl and long enough to reach into a bag. Work great for ramen and dehydrated meals. I use a carabiner to attach to my pack and tied a piece of reflective cord to them, in the event I need to find in the dark. One of the few pieces of gear I get paranoid about loosing.

eknick23

FNG
I have the MSR folding spork and haven't had any issues with it. Works perfect for getting down into the Peak Refuel packs!

Squamch

WKR
I have a few long handled steel spoons that came from a restaurant supply house. Long enough to get to the bottom of a mountain house, and cheap as chips. The scoop of the spoon is a little small, but I don't wanna pay $17 for a silicone one that holds the flavour of my last 3 meals on it.

bobclem11

FNG
I’ve had a Light My Fire Titanium Spork for years after breaking several of their plastic ones. It does it’s job but I think I would enjoy a long handled type spork or spoon a lot more.

Long handled Sporks, whether Aluminum or Titanium work great for keeping the digits clean when deep diving the bags of dehydrated foods.

KClark

WKR
I have one of these: Keith Titainium Long

It works well for shoveling in the daily gruel and they were kind enough to put my name on it for me. Actually they put my name on all their stuff.

I poked a hole in the bottom of a piping hot backpackers pantry soup with a Sea to Summit Long spork a few seasons ago and nearly had a catastrophic soup dump inside my sleeping bag. So.... I'm a spoon guy now.