Sporter Barrel Contours

SDHNTR

WKR
If going with the wood stock, I’d have aluminum pillars installed, along with the glass bedding. Will make the whole assembly stronger and more impervious to weather and atmospheric changes, which is important with wood.

OP
RMajors

RMajors

Lil-Rokslider
If going with the wood stock, I’d have aluminum pillars installed, along with the glass bedding. Will make the whole assembly stronger and more impervious to weather and atmospheric changes, which is important with wood.
Thank you for the info, I've been wondering about the bedding scenario. I bought a cdl stock off ebay last night, so I'm pretty much locked in there. Now I just have to finalize my barrel choice.

SDHNTR

WKR
Thank you for the info, I've been wondering about the bedding scenario. I bought a cdl stock off ebay last night, so I'm pretty much locked in there. Now I just have to finalize my barrel choice.
No problem. Any gunsmith worth his salt can install pillars, glass bed the action, and hog out the barrel channel as needed to make it float. Just make sure he re seals the wood in the channel. Sounds like you have the makings of a nice rifle!

In a factory CDL stock Id go with a bartlein 2b or #3 from most others if your not going to flute it. A Bartlein #3 or most others #4 fluted with a short shank.
FYI Shaen is on this forum sometimes also. His username is shooter71 and he is an awesome gunsmith.

300 win mag

Lil-Rokslider
for your required needs.1st priority is top shelf riflesmith.there are many.i look for integrity and honesty along with skill set.how long are you willing to wait.just a few i recommend are jon beanland,matt stewart,tim moon roberts.there are many.you will need that stock epoxy pillar bedded to keep moisture out.as har as barrel contour in a 257 bee.if it were me it would depend on most frequent use.2b bartlien is nice.or a 3 contour in other makes.4 fluted if i was shooting beanfields 500 yards mostly.i think a mullerworks 3 contour in a quarterbore would be very nice.if you reload run a .100 freebore or .125..the 257 bee is a great round.