Sports drink

Mossy1

FNG
Whats everyone using for an electrolyte replacer and maybe has some vitamins on backpack hunts? Looking for something with stevia in it.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just use the crystal light packets. I don't know if they have any of the things you are looking for.
I just use them because I drink more water than if I don't flavor it.

I use Wilderness athlete hydrate and recover for the vitamins and glucosamine. I use Mio energy or Meijer Energy powder for my drink flavoring for just taste

used to use powerade powder but tried Heed by Hammer Nutrition during a long hike/bike race and it really worked better for me. Perpetuem by Hammer is also really good for longer duration exercise. I use a lot of Hammer products on hunts now.

My grandad likes this stuff called "Wilderness Athlete". It seems to work, cause he walks my tail off sometimes, despite the generational gap.

I usually just drink water, unless its summer and the electrolytes are an issue. Hate the stuff but Gatorade isn't half bad if you're sweating up a storm.

A couple guys I know like the amino acid + b12 drinks or powders. There aren't that many ready to drink with aminos, so I don't go this route but the level of alertness is noticeable if you want to couple hydration with other supplements.

OP
M

Mossy1

FNG
Sounds like there are several good ones to try. Thanks for letting me know what you all use. Has anyone tried the eco drink from Costco? I have used it some just this winter so I drink more water. Seems to have a lot of vitamins and some electrolytes in it and tastes good.

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
Replenish from compliete nutrition is about the cleanest I have found accourding to their label , and feel as well I used last year form my ultra and was really impressed.. For hunting I dont use anything I have found just water is enough , electrolytes are getting replaced by all the sodium in mountain house!

"EcoDRINK" at Costco

From my research, I haven't seen better.
-NO Sodium - we get enough from our food - especially in Mountain House meals
-NO Sugar
-200 mg of Magnesium
-400mg Potassium
-300mg Calcium
- comes in packets
- Cheaper
31 vitamins

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I have and use that Eco Drink from SAMS club also and its a damn good drink. Tastes good and supplies you with all the necessary things without the sodium and tons of sugar.