sports show? wich one?

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
me and the wife are looking for a sports show to go to this winter/spring. looking at the ISE in denver, slc and maybe vegas becasue it is the same time as the RMEF . also the other hunting shows and the sheep show. never been to one but this is right around our birthdays and wedding aniversary. we like the thought of mountains with snow for some sight seeing but want to be at the best show for the trip. we will be flying in.

If you like views of the mountains and maybe some sightseeing I would suggest Denver or SLC. Both have an amazing view of the snow capped Rocky Mountains that border the city. SLC is actually surrounded on three sides by mountains so the view flying in is pretty nice on both sides of the airplane.

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
I have been to the vegas RMEF show and I was a bit disapointed. This year I will be going to the SCI show in Reno..

OP
slim23

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
we are leaning towards the western hunting expo in slc. but i wonder how divided the booths will be with the internationl sports expo going on the same weekend. also i hear some dont like the WHE because of hard feeling for the mule deer foundation???

2rocky

WKR
Sport shows are pretty much the same inside the hall. To me the real attraction is what you can do away from the show.

Are you looking to book a trip, buy gear, tire kick, people watch?

Vegas- More off site night life, Stage shows, Clubs, fine dining. Sounds like a 2 for 1 on sport shows also.

SLC- Skiing and snow sports possibilities pretty close to town.

Not sure on Denver. All I've seen of it is the airport.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
For what it's worth, it looks like Ryan, Aron, and me will be at the Vegas SHOT show in January. Would love to meet some members...

Last edited:

Hardstalk

WKR
Ill be at the shot show. Heck its 10 minutes from my house. Not sure its open to general public though?

Last edited:

Hardstalk

WKR
I did the ise last year. Alot of guides and outfitters. I would say out of all the booths it was 65-70% outfitters. Has anyone done the sci show? Last year I had to choose between the sci and ise i was bummed at the ise.

shaun

WKR
Ive herd alot about SCI. Have been trying to go for a few years now even though it is only 5 hours from me I alwayse have something come up. Last year I was almost able to make it but went to AZ to hunt coues instead