Spot and Stalk Bear Rug CA 2019

OP
J

JohnnyB

WKR
Nice lookin bear,gonna try to dig my way through all the snow up here in may to do some spot and stalk with the bow. Congrats.
I’m so jealous. I head to Montana every May for spring bear and it is aggravating to be shut out. Where I hunt near the Idaho border looks like not a bad snow year. Best luck to you.

OP
J

JohnnyB

WKR
Nice! Who was the taxi?

Dick’s Taxidermy up in Granite Bay. He has quite the show room.

He originally told me 8-9 months. He called in seven. He also did a beautiful job with the skull and shipped it to me after a short time. I wish I had heard of them before I dropped off my 2018 archery buck. I am still waiting for that one...

RubyRize

FNG
Nice Bear! Im always carrying my bear tag up in D5 but I never see them when I’m actively hunting.

OP
J

JohnnyB

WKR
Nice Bear! Im always carrying my bear tag up in D5 but I never see them when I’m actively hunting.
Thank you. I tend to see more bears when I hunt for bears specifically as opposed to hunting deer with a bear tag in my pocket. There is overlap, but distinct variances too.

There is an absolute giant of a bear in d5 that I was able to get on game cameras 3 times last year. Can’t wai to get back after it in a few months.

RubyRize

FNG
Thank you. I tend to see more bears when I hunt for bears specifically as opposed to hunting deer with a bear tag in my pocket. There is overlap, but distinct variances too.

There is an absolute giant of a bear in d5 that I was able to get on game cameras 3 times last year. Can’t wai to get back after it in a few months.
I’ll try that this year! Good luck with your big bear