Spot and stalk bears

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
You can in Alaska as a nonresident...and without a guide for black bears.

Big bears on the north end of the island and lots of them...that's where Jim Shockeys operation is. As mentioned though you'll need a guide anywhere in BC as a non res, I'm sure one of Jim's guides would be more than happy to drive you around the logging roads up there for a few days at around the cost of a small house in minnesota for a tag we pay $20 for as residents 😑

It's a fun hunt for sure, spot and stalk bear is one of my favorites but as mentioned there are states that offer DIY hunts much cheaper and closer, Bryan Call had a video earlier this year with that sthealthy hunter guy of a DIY spot and stalk bear hunt they did, looked like awesome country but can't remember which state it was in off the top of my head.

Washington is decent spot and stalk hunting. Fall hunt is over the counter tag to non residents and have at it!

Reactions: Guy
If you have a relative or friend up here you could probably get in on a permit to accompany.

That won't work. See BC regs. Pretty tough. You can do accompanied hunt with a relative (see book for definition) but said relative needs to have had a Big Game license for the past 3 years so it's not like you can grab your nephew, throw him on the ferry and head up.