Spot and stalk Camo patterns

chad1926

FNG
What’s everyone’s favorite spot and stalk camo patterns? Mainly going to be hunting south Dakota

VANDAL

WKR
I don’t believe the camo pattern is that important when spot and staking bucks. The deer will likely spot movement first. Pick something that is quite, comfortable, and will perform under the conditions you are hunting. That being said I like Lippi, Columbia, and Sitka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
When I'm shopping for new hunting clothing, I always head for the sale racks. Then I feel for quiet clothing. Then I look for size and what fills the bill for what I'm needing. As to color..... I don't like snow camo in September in the lower 48. My only color requirements are that if I'm hunting in open, dry western type landscapes, I look for something that leans lighter. If I'm hunting in eastern hardwoods/conifers, I look for something that has a darker back round.

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had great luck with Sitka Subalpine. It works great in light colored open country. Living out west, spot and stalk is about all we do. Those that say camo doesn’t matter must not see the guys that wander around our open country wearing their tree stand camo that looks jet black, and is visible at a mile and a half with the naked eye. Camo isn’t necessary on every stalk, but you don’t know till after the fact. It doesn’t work all the time, but it has never, ever hurt my chances.

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
Camo pattern doesn't matter. If it's rifle, you'll be wearing a big blob of orange anyway. If its archery, you need to worry more about scent and movement. Pick what's on sale or what's comfortable, or whatever pattern you think will look best in the photos you take. The deer won't care.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tommy1005

FNG
I’ve been pleased with my kuiu gear and Under Armour Ridge reaper stuff. It has performed well in Colorado and West Texas in a variety of temperatures and conditions from 95 degrees in August for pronghorn to in the teens during 3rd rifle in Colorado.

BluMtn

WKR
I have several different brands of camo and for the type of hunting I do in the Montana breaks Cabela's outfitter camo or Kryptek highlander camo really blends into the country. As far as the hunter orange I have a camo hunter orange vest that I bought years ago and from a distance you can not pick it up until you look through a pair of binos then you can make out the orange. When I am in Eastern Washington I am in either my cabelas or SKRE summit or my Kryptek highlander pattern or something with a little dark color to it. I prefer the more subdued camo patterns.

with bowhunting i always got picked off easier by deer and sheep in solids, realtree 0r kuiu verde. i like asat 3d suit or sitka sub alpine. gotten away with more in those patterns

ChrisAU

WKR
Had whitetails almost walk on top of me with my Fusion leafy suit on this week. Didn't help me when I tried to draw my bow though ha.

Dzel777

FNG
I think camo does matter, even for rifle hunting. One of the most important aspects is to match the color hue of your camo to that of the environment. 90% of camo is too dark for western environments, at distance you appear as a dark silhouette.
I like the original Sitka camo and if it’s very light color environment the Sitka duck Camo. The duck camo is very light colored and blends in great in areas that are yellow/ grassy.

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
If camo matters for rifle hunting, how are all of these people killing deer wearing their big orange vests? Camo pattern isn't going to change the outcome of a hunt, especially a rifle hunt.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
I bring a selection of camo patterns. I set them out in the terrain I'll be hunting. The ones that blend in the best are the ones I wear. Camo colors/patterns can change from one season to the next. What blends in well in Sept may stand out in November....which may change in December. I often bring snow camo just in case it snows. One thing I've noticed is that 80% of hunters wear the same tops and bottoms. I change patterns on top vs bottom to break up the human outline.